Beyonce: 'I Felt a Communication' With Blue Ivy While in Labor
Proud mom Beyonce Knowles shares to Vogue about an intimate moment while she gave birth to her daughter, Blue Ivy Carter. Admitting that she was initially nervous about giving birth, she says she wasn't scared in the hospital because "my family and my closest people were there when I gave birth."
"Everything that scared me just was not present in that room," she adds. "So for me to really let go and really appreciate every contraction... it was the best day of my life." The "Love on Top" songstress even felt like she and her daughter "were talking" even before the baby was born.
"I felt like when I was having contractions, I envisioned my child pushing through a very heavy door," she explains. "And I imagined this tiny infant doing all the work, so I couldn't think about my own pain...I know it sounds crazy, but I felt a communication."
Calling the 1-year-old little girl "my homey, my best friend," Queen Bey says she wants another baby. "When I was younger, there were moments where I said, 'I'm not going to have children.' And then moments when I wanted four. And now I definitely want another, but I don't know when," she admits.
Of what family means to her, the wife of Jay-Z says, "Family has always been important. I've always had my mother and my father and my husband. But it's just... Life is so much more than...It's not defined by any of this [fame]." The 31-year-old also credits her daughter for keeping her grounded "so much more."
The R&B diva also claims becoming a mother has helped her to "really understand the power of my body." She continues, "I just feel my body means something completely different. I feel a lot more confident about it. Even being heavier, thinner, whatever. I feel a lot more like a woman. More feminine, more sensual. And no shame."
True to her statement, Beyonce isn't shy to show off her body in some pictures for the magazine's March issue. In one photo, the mother of one is seen stripping down to black and red floral bra, high-waisted panties and dramatic kimono. Another picture captures her wearing a figure-hugging dress.
Beyonce is expected to share more of her personal life during an interview with Oprah Winfrey for "Oprah's Next Chapter", which is scheduled to air Saturday, February 16 at 8/7c.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video
- Jennifer Garner Reportedly 'Suspicious' of Ben Affleck's Relationship With His Detox Nurse
- 'Saturday Night Live' Mocks Trump's Inauguration With Shirtless Putin
- Brad Pitt Is Living a Healthy New Life Following Angelina Jolie Split
- New Couple Alert? Iggy Azalea Spotted Making Out With Music Producer LJay Currie in Mexico
- Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Madonna Perform at Women's March on Washington
- Is Ellen DeGeneres' Marriage to Portia de Rossi in Trouble?