The Academy Releases Artistic 2013 Oscars Posters by Olly Moss
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has just debuted a set of artistic official posters to promote its upcoming 2013 Oscars. Designed by artist Olly Moss, the promo materials feature 85 different Oscar statuettes which are inspired by the Best Picture winners from 1927 to 2012.
Additionally, the Academy has its own way to promote the Best Picture nominees for this year's Oscars. Teaming up with Los Angeles-based Gallery1988, the AMPAS releases nine eye-popping posters to support all nine contenders for the most coveted category in the Academy Awards.
As part of the "For Your Consideration" project, the one-sheets mark the first collaboration between the Academy and Gallery1988. Of the collaboration, Gallery1988 co-owner Jensen Karp says, "Working hand-in-hand with the Academy has been a dream come true for Gallery1988 and its artists."
"So much inspiration has come from past Oscar telecasts as well as the amazing range of films that have been nominated this year. It was a perfect fit for our style of artwork and treatment, and we can't wait to show everyone the results of some of our most creative contemporary minds."
Among the artistic posters are Joshua Budich's comic-themed work for "Silver Linings Playbook", Tom Whalen's colorful design for "Life of Pi", and Rich Kelly's dreamlike artwork for "Beasts of the Southern Wild".
Those collections will be put on display at Gallery1988 in Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles from February 14 to 17. Those posters won't be available for purchase, but the AMPAS says that fans could obtain their own screen prints of the limited edition artworks.
The 2013 Academy Awards is set to take place on February 24 at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood & Highland Center. It will be broadcast live on the ABC Television Network in more than 225 countries.
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift