Amanda Seyfried to Team Up With Seth MacFarlane in 'Million Ways to Die'
After getting all dramatic in "Les Miserables", Amanda Seyfried might try out a comedic role for her next project. The blond beauty is currently in talks to join "A Million Ways to Die in the West", which will mark Seth MacFarlane's next directing gig following the success of "Ted".
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the 27-year-old actress is eyed to play a "deserting girlfriend." No further details on her role are shared for now, but should the Pennsylvania-born star seal the deal, she is set to kick off filming this May.
"A Million Ways to Die" has already tapped Charlize Theron to star in it. The film will also be a starring vehicle for MacFarlane, who additionally serves as the writer and co-producer. The movie reportedly will be a "Western comedy with modern sensibilities."
The story revolves around a sheepish farmer who chickens out of a gunfight and sees his girlfriend leaving him. When he meets the wife of a notorious outlaw who offers to teach him how to shoot, the farmer at first sees a chance to win back his love but slowly falls for the woman. Complications ensue when the outlaw returns and reclaims his woman.
As for Seyfried, fresh off his acting stint in Oscar-nominated "Les Mis", she will next appear in "Lovelace". The film had its world premiere at this year's Sundance last January, and has recently been screened at the 2013 Berlinale in Germany. She will also star in starry rom-com "The Big Wedding" and lend her voice for animated pic "Epic".
- Chris Pratt Name Drops Jennifer Lawrence in Christmas-Themed Mad Lib Theater With Jimmy Fallon
- Drake and Aaliyah's Posthumous Collaboration 'Talk Is Cheap' Surfaces Online
- Tom Hanks Puts Emma Watson in Danger in 'The Circle' Teaser Trailer
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Her Curves in Peek-a-Boo Dress After Christmas Concert With Bryan Tanaka
- Watch Fiona Apple Sing Anti-Donald Trump Christmas Carol
- Sofia Vergara Gets Sued by Her Own Embryos as Legal Battle With Ex Continues
- Watch Shawn Mendes Cover Drake's 'Fake Love' on 'Live Lounge'
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Expecting First Child With Wife Joana Pak