Rihanna Premieres New Music Video 'Stay'
Rihanna premieres her "Stay" music video on Monday, February 11, following her emotional rendition of her latest "Unapologetic" single at the Grammy Awards with collaborator Mikky Ekko. In the new clip directed by Sophie Muller, she shows us why she earlier hinted about it being "very emotional" and "personal."
"The video was really, really simple. I pretty much stayed put in a bathtub, and we shot it really tight, really close," she first told Ryan Seacrest on the Grammys red carpet. The 24-year-old Barbadian beauty got stripped down here on all levels. The video itself was quite simple, starring only a physically stripped RiRi sitting inside a bathtub.
The stripping is not only literal but figurative as well, as tight shots show an emotional RiRi with lips quivering and eyes welling up with tears. "It's a very emotional song and it's personal, so you just think about...it's almost like telling a story, and when you tell a story, even to yourself-if you're saying it out loud and expressing how you feel-it needs to be powerful because it needs to be authentic," she said.
Followers of her rekindled romance with Chris Brown presume that it's Rihanna's song for her now-reunited ex-boyfriend. Although it was written by Ekko, if RiRi didn't reveal that piece of info, fans could have assumed she had written it herself, with such lyrics as, "Not really sure how to feel about it/ Something in the way you move/ Makes me feel like I can't live without you/ And it takes me all the way/ I want you to stay."
Rihanna's "Stay" Music Video
More Rihanna News
- Ivanka Trump Gets Booed by Audience During Berlin Summit, but She's 'Used to It'
- Watch Adam Levine's Heartfelt Tribute to Christina Grimmie on 'The Voice'
- Nick Gordon Has New Girlfriend, a Year After Bobbi Kristina Brown's Death
- Braless Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer One-Piece Swimsuit
- Shania Twain Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- 'Avengers 4' Title Won't Be 'Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet', Says James Gunn
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are 'Okay' Without Having Their Own Kids on Their Relationship
- 'Shadowhunters' Reveals First Look at Sebastian in Season 2B Promo