The CW Orders New Season of 'Arrow', 'Vampire Diaries' and 'Supernatural'
The CW has given early renewals for its three shows, "Arrow", "The Vampire Diaries" and "Supernatural". Freshman hit "Arrow" will return for a sophomore season, supernatural series "TVD" will get a fifth season, while long-running drama "Supernatural" will be back for a ninth season.
"We said last year that one of our goals was to establish building blocks to grow on," said CW president Mark Pedowitz on Monday, February 11, "and now with our new hit 'Arrow' and fan favorite 'Supernatural' on Wednesday night, and the continued success of 'The Vampire Diaries' on Thursday, we've been able to do that."
He added, "Not only do [all three] perform well on-air, they're also extremely successful for us both digitally and socially. I'm thrilled to have all three shows returning to our schedule next season."
All of the three shows are expected to return with the new season next fall.
More Arrow News
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles