The CW Orders New Season of 'Arrow', 'Vampire Diaries' and 'Supernatural'
The CW has given early renewals for its three shows, "Arrow", "The Vampire Diaries" and "Supernatural". Freshman hit "Arrow" will return for a sophomore season, supernatural series "TVD" will get a fifth season, while long-running drama "Supernatural" will be back for a ninth season.
"We said last year that one of our goals was to establish building blocks to grow on," said CW president Mark Pedowitz on Monday, February 11, "and now with our new hit 'Arrow' and fan favorite 'Supernatural' on Wednesday night, and the continued success of 'The Vampire Diaries' on Thursday, we've been able to do that."
He added, "Not only do [all three] perform well on-air, they're also extremely successful for us both digitally and socially. I'm thrilled to have all three shows returning to our schedule next season."
All of the three shows are expected to return with the new season next fall.
More Arrow News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story