The CW Orders New Season of 'Arrow', 'Vampire Diaries' and 'Supernatural'
The CW has given early renewals for its three shows, "Arrow", "The Vampire Diaries" and "Supernatural". Freshman hit "Arrow" will return for a sophomore season, supernatural series "TVD" will get a fifth season, while long-running drama "Supernatural" will be back for a ninth season.
"We said last year that one of our goals was to establish building blocks to grow on," said CW president Mark Pedowitz on Monday, February 11, "and now with our new hit 'Arrow' and fan favorite 'Supernatural' on Wednesday night, and the continued success of 'The Vampire Diaries' on Thursday, we've been able to do that."
He added, "Not only do [all three] perform well on-air, they're also extremely successful for us both digitally and socially. I'm thrilled to have all three shows returning to our schedule next season."
All of the three shows are expected to return with the new season next fall.
More Arrow News
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt 'Never Wanted Sex' Prior to Their Split
- Kim Kardashian's Paris Robbery Crime Scene Photos Emerge
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Were Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle