The CW Orders New Season of 'Arrow', 'Vampire Diaries' and 'Supernatural'
The CW has given early renewals for its three shows, "Arrow", "The Vampire Diaries" and "Supernatural". Freshman hit "Arrow" will return for a sophomore season, supernatural series "TVD" will get a fifth season, while long-running drama "Supernatural" will be back for a ninth season.
"We said last year that one of our goals was to establish building blocks to grow on," said CW president Mark Pedowitz on Monday, February 11, "and now with our new hit 'Arrow' and fan favorite 'Supernatural' on Wednesday night, and the continued success of 'The Vampire Diaries' on Thursday, we've been able to do that."
He added, "Not only do [all three] perform well on-air, they're also extremely successful for us both digitally and socially. I'm thrilled to have all three shows returning to our schedule next season."
All of the three shows are expected to return with the new season next fall.
More Arrow News
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son