Justin Bieber Apologizes for Failed Live Stream With New Song and a 'Shirtless' Video
Beliebers settled for a two-minute video of a shirtless Justin Bieber and his new track "You Want Me" after being disappointed with not getting to chat live with their idol as what he had promised on Sunday, February 10. Interestingly, the 18-year-old pop superstar scheduled a live stream on the same night as the 2013 Grammy Awards was set to unfold, which seemed as the teenager's swipe at the Grammys for shutting him out with zero nominations for its 55th annual staging.
Apparently, the live stream failed due to over capacity. Bieber tweeted, "livestream is over capacity [and is] not letting me in the room give me a second lol." To make up for the online disaster, he posted the video and the new song "You Want Me" on SoundCloud.
In addition, he shared a video of himself without a shirt on, wearing only a backwards-on cap in what looked like a home theatre set-up, explaining he was on vacation and without a reliable internet connection. He finally conceded to the failed UStream broadcast, saying, "It's just not working. My fans are just overpopulating the sites and I just don't think it's going to work. So I'm just going to make a video and play some new music."
Although Bieber didn't get any Grammy nominations, it didn't slow him at all as he recently released his new "Believe Acoustic" album which debuted at the top of the Billboard 200 chart. He also dished out an appearance on "Saturday Night Live" while fighting off controversies left and right.
Justin Bieber's "You Want Me":
Justin Bieber goes shirtless in "You Want Me" video:
More Justin Bieber News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival