Helen Mirren Sports New Pink Hair
Dame Helen Mirren shocked everyone during 2013 BAFTA Awards on Sunday, February 10 with her new hair color. The 67-year-old actress dyed her hair pink which highlighted her new choppy pixie cut.
"I just thought it would be fun to dye my hair pink," she told the Daily Mail, "I mean, honestly, I was watching 'America's Next Top Model' and the season where there were the British girls. Well the British girl who won (Sophie Sumner), she had pink hair, and I thought, 'That looks really pretty.' So I'm copying her basically."
She also said, "I'm doing a play and I wear wigs, so I can go any color I like." She jokingly mentioned that there were still more colors to come, including green. Although the pink hair is rumored to be temporary, the hair color still went well with her semi-sheer, off-white gown with bright white embroidered flowers from Nicholas Oakwell Couture.
Mirren was nominated in Leading Actress category for her role in "Hitchcock", along with Jessica Chastain, Jennifer Lawrence, Marion Cotillard and Emmanuelle Riva. Mirren, however, lost the title to Riva, the 85-year-old star of "Amour".
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic