Helen Mirren Sports New Pink Hair
Dame Helen Mirren shocked everyone during 2013 BAFTA Awards on Sunday, February 10 with her new hair color. The 67-year-old actress dyed her hair pink which highlighted her new choppy pixie cut.
"I just thought it would be fun to dye my hair pink," she told the Daily Mail, "I mean, honestly, I was watching 'America's Next Top Model' and the season where there were the British girls. Well the British girl who won (Sophie Sumner), she had pink hair, and I thought, 'That looks really pretty.' So I'm copying her basically."
She also said, "I'm doing a play and I wear wigs, so I can go any color I like." She jokingly mentioned that there were still more colors to come, including green. Although the pink hair is rumored to be temporary, the hair color still went well with her semi-sheer, off-white gown with bright white embroidered flowers from Nicholas Oakwell Couture.
Mirren was nominated in Leading Actress category for her role in "Hitchcock", along with Jessica Chastain, Jennifer Lawrence, Marion Cotillard and Emmanuelle Riva. Mirren, however, lost the title to Riva, the 85-year-old star of "Amour".
More Helen Mirren News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding