Helen Mirren Sports New Pink Hair
Dame Helen Mirren shocked everyone during 2013 BAFTA Awards on Sunday, February 10 with her new hair color. The 67-year-old actress dyed her hair pink which highlighted her new choppy pixie cut.
"I just thought it would be fun to dye my hair pink," she told the Daily Mail, "I mean, honestly, I was watching 'America's Next Top Model' and the season where there were the British girls. Well the British girl who won (Sophie Sumner), she had pink hair, and I thought, 'That looks really pretty.' So I'm copying her basically."
She also said, "I'm doing a play and I wear wigs, so I can go any color I like." She jokingly mentioned that there were still more colors to come, including green. Although the pink hair is rumored to be temporary, the hair color still went well with her semi-sheer, off-white gown with bright white embroidered flowers from Nicholas Oakwell Couture.
Mirren was nominated in Leading Actress category for her role in "Hitchcock", along with Jessica Chastain, Jennifer Lawrence, Marion Cotillard and Emmanuelle Riva. Mirren, however, lost the title to Riva, the 85-year-old star of "Amour".
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake
- This Picture of Princess Charlotte Snuggling a Bunny at Playdate in Canada Is Just Too Cute
- Here's What Tim Burton Says About Lack of Diversity in 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's What Happens to Kylie Jenner's Number That Rob Kardashian Leaked on Twitter
- First Look at Justice Society of America in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Season 2 Photos
- Tom Cruise Beats the Bad Guys to Death in 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' IMAX Trailer
- The Weeknd Releases New Single 'False Alarm'
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer