Elizabeth Olsen Confirms Her 'Godzilla' Role, Says the Film Will Be a 'Very Heavy Drama'
Gareth Edwards' "Godzilla" remake has finally secured its female lead. Following a report saying that Elizabeth Olsen was eyed to star in the upcoming monster movie, the actress herself confirmed her casting when attending the 2013 BAFTA Awards in England on Monday, February 11 local time.
The younger sister of famous twins Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen revealed that she would soon begin shooting the film with Edwards. "I'm about to film Godzilla in the spring so that's the next thing I'm working on," she announced.
The 23-year-old actress was famously known for starring in various well-reviewed indie flicks. Asked how she felt about making a transition to a blockbuster franchise, she responded with a joke, "Well, Godzilla is actually going to be a very heavy drama! It's definitely going to be very different take on the past Godzillas..."
Apart from Olsen, the hotly-anticipated reboot project has eyed Bryan Cranston as its lead. There's still no word from Cranston about his casting report. Words were, Aaron Johnson was also approached to join the project, but there's also no official word from the "Kick-Ass" actor.
"Godzilla" has Drew Pearce, Frank Darabont and Max Borenstein serving as the scribes. The production is expected to kick off in March for a May 16, 2014 release date. Major plot of the remake is still kept secret, but Edwards promised that the movie would be "very grounded [and] realistic."
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7