Elizabeth Olsen Confirms Her 'Godzilla' Role, Says the Film Will Be a 'Very Heavy Drama'
Gareth Edwards' "Godzilla" remake has finally secured its female lead. Following a report saying that Elizabeth Olsen was eyed to star in the upcoming monster movie, the actress herself confirmed her casting when attending the 2013 BAFTA Awards in England on Monday, February 11 local time.
The younger sister of famous twins Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen revealed that she would soon begin shooting the film with Edwards. "I'm about to film Godzilla in the spring so that's the next thing I'm working on," she announced.
The 23-year-old actress was famously known for starring in various well-reviewed indie flicks. Asked how she felt about making a transition to a blockbuster franchise, she responded with a joke, "Well, Godzilla is actually going to be a very heavy drama! It's definitely going to be very different take on the past Godzillas..."
Apart from Olsen, the hotly-anticipated reboot project has eyed Bryan Cranston as its lead. There's still no word from Cranston about his casting report. Words were, Aaron Johnson was also approached to join the project, but there's also no official word from the "Kick-Ass" actor.
"Godzilla" has Drew Pearce, Frank Darabont and Max Borenstein serving as the scribes. The production is expected to kick off in March for a May 16, 2014 release date. Major plot of the remake is still kept secret, but Edwards promised that the movie would be "very grounded [and] realistic."
- Sofia Richie Blasts Tobey Maguire Romance Rumors
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Not Guilty in Pipeline Protest
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Get Nose Jobs as Humanoid Pets
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight