Carrie Underwood Wears $31 Million Necklace to Grammy Awards 2013
Carrie Underwood's gem at the 55th annual Grammy Awards is a major bling. The 381-carat diamond necklace she wore to match her mermaid-styled Roberto Cavalli gown is more than $31 million worth, according to PEOPLE. "It's heavy on my soul," she said on the red carpet.
"This is worth like more than me, and everything I have, and have ever had and ever will have," the blonde beauty added. It was "318 carats of gorgeousness," so she described the oval, pear, marquise and round brilliant white diamonds decorating the necklace courtesy of Johnathon Arndt.
"I'm afraid someone is going to tackle me and steal it," she said. Despite her understandably fear, she didn't have extra security with her. "Actually it didn't," she said when asked by Shaun Robinson if the jewel came with a bodyguard. "Unless they're like lurking. They might be that good."
Underwood won Best Country Solo Performance and Best Country Song for "Blown Away". She also took for a performance during which she traded her red-carpet dress with a gown with full voluminous skirt that served as a screen to project some kaleidoscopic lights.
More Carrie Underwood News
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton