Grammys 2013: Fun. Is Best New Artist, Gotye Wins Record of the Year
Fun. is the Best New Artist at the 2013 Grammy Awards. Presenting the trophy was Katy Perry who introduced the category by saying, "I was never even nominated in this category and I have my own eyelash line." She went on giving a shout out to last year's Best New Artist, "Take that Bon Iver."
Fun. beat out Frank Ocean, Hunter Hayes, The Lumineers and Alabama Shakes. Earlier that night, the indie pop band took the stage to accept Song of the Year for "We Are Young", during which lead singer Nate Ruess said onstage, "We are not very young. We've been doing this for 12 years."
Prince announced the winner of Record of the Year, which went to Gotye for "Somebody That I Used to Know" featuring Kimbra. "The man standing behind us with a cane is a big reason I was inspired to make music," Gotye credited Prince when accepting the prize.
Through the same song, the Belgian-Australian artist earlier won Best Pop Duo/Group Performance trophy at the pre-telecast show. He also had already bagged Best Alternative Music Album gong for his album "Making Mirrors".
Another coveted title, Best Country Album, went to Zac Brown Band for "Uncaged". The band defeated Hayes, Miranda Lambert, Jamey Johnson and The Time Jumpers for the said accolade.
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise
- Bella Hadid Goes Braless in Completely Sheer Top. See the Eye-Popping Pics
- Find Out Who Will Be Godparents to George and Amal Clooney's Twins
- Jackie Evancho Delivers Live Performance of National Anthem at Donald Trump's Inauguration
- Emily Ratajkowski Strips Down to Lacy Lingerie on Streets for DKNY Campaign
- Angelina Jolie Loses Her Team's Trust Amid Brad Pitt Custody War
- 'Cult of Chucky' Image Offers First Look at the Murderous Doll With No Head