Grammys 2013: Fun. Is Best New Artist, Gotye Wins Record of the Year
Fun. is the Best New Artist at the 2013 Grammy Awards. Presenting the trophy was Katy Perry who introduced the category by saying, "I was never even nominated in this category and I have my own eyelash line." She went on giving a shout out to last year's Best New Artist, "Take that Bon Iver."
Fun. beat out Frank Ocean, Hunter Hayes, The Lumineers and Alabama Shakes. Earlier that night, the indie pop band took the stage to accept Song of the Year for "We Are Young", during which lead singer Nate Ruess said onstage, "We are not very young. We've been doing this for 12 years."
Prince announced the winner of Record of the Year, which went to Gotye for "Somebody That I Used to Know" featuring Kimbra. "The man standing behind us with a cane is a big reason I was inspired to make music," Gotye credited Prince when accepting the prize.
Through the same song, the Belgian-Australian artist earlier won Best Pop Duo/Group Performance trophy at the pre-telecast show. He also had already bagged Best Alternative Music Album gong for his album "Making Mirrors".
Another coveted title, Best Country Album, went to Zac Brown Band for "Uncaged". The band defeated Hayes, Miranda Lambert, Jamey Johnson and The Time Jumpers for the said accolade.
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Corinne Can't Have 'a Normal Relationship', Nick Picks Top Three
- A Little Too Early? Kourtney Kardashian Lets 4-Year-Old Daughter Penelope Wear a Lip Ring
- 'Gossip Girl' Alum Penn Badgley Marries Domino Kirke in Brooklyn Courthouse
- 'Dancing with the Stars': 'Glee' Star Heather Morris Joins Season 24, Some Pairings Are Revealed
- DJ Khaled Films Top Secret Video With Justin Bieber, Chance The Rapper and More
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards