Eddie Redmayne Throws Up at BAFTA Awards
Eddie Redmayne was supposed to present the award for Original Screenplay with actress Sally Field at the 2013 BAFTA Awards on Sunday, February 10. However, he had to miss the moment after he fell ill and threw up backstage.
When Sally took to the stage alone, she said, "I was supposed to be out here with Eddie Redmayne, he seems to be puking his guts up back there." A source confirmed his illness to US Weekly, "Eddie has bad food poisoning. It was difficult for him to make it here today but he did his best. After doing the carpet he felt really sick again."
While picking up her award for Best Supporting Actress, Anne Hathaway, who co-starred with the 31-year-old in "Les Miserables", said, "Eddie, feel better. I would be holding your hair back, but... food poisoning is just the worst."
"Les Miserables" was nominated for nine categories, including Outstanding British Film and Best Film, but it lost the two kudos to "Skyfall" and Ben Affleck's "Argo" respectively. In addition to Hathaway's triumph for Best Supporting Actress, Tom Hooper's adaptation of the stage musical film won awards for Production Design, Hair and Makeup, and Sound.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March