Eddie Redmayne Throws Up at BAFTA Awards
Eddie Redmayne was supposed to present the award for Original Screenplay with actress Sally Field at the 2013 BAFTA Awards on Sunday, February 10. However, he had to miss the moment after he fell ill and threw up backstage.
When Sally took to the stage alone, she said, "I was supposed to be out here with Eddie Redmayne, he seems to be puking his guts up back there." A source confirmed his illness to US Weekly, "Eddie has bad food poisoning. It was difficult for him to make it here today but he did his best. After doing the carpet he felt really sick again."
While picking up her award for Best Supporting Actress, Anne Hathaway, who co-starred with the 31-year-old in "Les Miserables", said, "Eddie, feel better. I would be holding your hair back, but... food poisoning is just the worst."
"Les Miserables" was nominated for nine categories, including Outstanding British Film and Best Film, but it lost the two kudos to "Skyfall" and Ben Affleck's "Argo" respectively. In addition to Hathaway's triumph for Best Supporting Actress, Tom Hooper's adaptation of the stage musical film won awards for Production Design, Hair and Makeup, and Sound.
More Eddie Redmayne News
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors
- Wiz Khalifa and Juicy J's New Music Video for 'Cell Ready' Is Smoking Hot
- Inside Celine Dion's Diva Behavior on 'The Voice': 'She Was Extremely Entitled'
- Miley Cryrus and Liam Hemsworth Build Playground at Malibu House - Is Baby on the Way?
- 'Spider-Man' Spin-Off About Black Cat and Silver Sable Is in Development