Eddie Redmayne Throws Up at BAFTA Awards
Eddie Redmayne was supposed to present the award for Original Screenplay with actress Sally Field at the 2013 BAFTA Awards on Sunday, February 10. However, he had to miss the moment after he fell ill and threw up backstage.
When Sally took to the stage alone, she said, "I was supposed to be out here with Eddie Redmayne, he seems to be puking his guts up back there." A source confirmed his illness to US Weekly, "Eddie has bad food poisoning. It was difficult for him to make it here today but he did his best. After doing the carpet he felt really sick again."
While picking up her award for Best Supporting Actress, Anne Hathaway, who co-starred with the 31-year-old in "Les Miserables", said, "Eddie, feel better. I would be holding your hair back, but... food poisoning is just the worst."
"Les Miserables" was nominated for nine categories, including Outstanding British Film and Best Film, but it lost the two kudos to "Skyfall" and Ben Affleck's "Argo" respectively. In addition to Hathaway's triumph for Best Supporting Actress, Tom Hooper's adaptation of the stage musical film won awards for Production Design, Hair and Makeup, and Sound.
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease
- CL's Boobs Almost Pop Out of Her Plunging Black Dress at Chanel Exhibition
- 'Venom' to Feature Carnage as Its Main Villain
- Christina Perri Announces Engagement to Boyfriend Paul Costabile - See the Beautiful Ring!
- Is Kendall Jenner Feuding With Victoria's Secret Models?
- New 'Blade Runner 2049' Featurette Brings Harrison Ford Home, Hints at Uninvited Guest