Grammys 2013: Adele Nabs Performance Award, Frank Ocean and Kelly Clarkson Win Album Awards
Adele snatched the first trophy presented by Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull during the live show of 2013 Grammy Awards. The British artist won Best Pop Solo Performance for her live performance of "Set Fire to the Rain" at The Royal Albert Hall.
"Thank you so much. This is amazing," the new mom said upon receiving the award. "I just wanted to come and be part of the night. I loved it last year, obviously," she added, referring to her big win at last year's Grammys.
The performance award for rock genre went to The Black Keys for "Lonely Boy". It marked the third trophy won by the Ohio duo after they snatched Best Rock Album for their record "El Camino" and Best Rock Song also for "Lonely Boy".
Frank Ocean won his first award that night for Best Urban Contemporary Album for his debut solo album "Channel Orange". He later shared Best Rap/Sung Collaboration title with Jay-Z, Kanye West and The-Dream for their collaboration in "No Church in the Wild".
Best Pop Vocal Album award went to Kelly Clarkson for her sixth studio installment "Stronger". During her acceptance speech, the former "American Idol" winner expressed her desire to collaborate with Miguel, who performed earlier that night. "Miguel, I don't know who the hell you are. But we need to sing together," she said.
After grabbing one prize at the pre-telecast show, another "Idol" alumna Carrie Underwood added another win when she beat out the likes of Eric Church and Blake Shelton for Best Country Solo Performance title for "Blown Away". Carrie won her first prize, Best Country Song, for the same track.
Fun. won Song of the Year for "We Are Young" ft. Janelle Monae. Lead singer Nate Ruess jokingly said when accepting the award. "We are not very young. We've been doing this for 12 years." The band had previously taken the stage to perform "Carry On".
- Stephen Colbert to Host 2017 Emmy Awards
- Justin Bieber Shaves His Head Again - Is It Because of Selena Gomez?
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies