Justin Bieber Addresses His Marijuana Scandal on 'Saturday Night Live'
Justin Bieber did it all on "Saturday Night Live". The 18-year-old Canadian pop singer pulled a triple job as he braved the not-so-friendly weather of New York City, hosting the variety show, joining the cast member for at least two skits, and treating audience with performances.
In one sketch, he proclaimed himself as an anti-Bieber. Playing an ultimate fan of Miley Cyrus (Vanessa Bayer), he addressed his pot-smoking pictures, "I also heard he got busted smoking weed, and people make mistakes and he's really sorry about it and he's never going to do it again."
In his opening monologue, he channeled his inner ladies man as he flirted with some young female audience for the approaching Valentine's Day and educated them about Black History Month in the process. Too bad, he didn't have all his facts straight though.
"Did you know Denzel Washington invented the peanut?" so he said to one woman, before changing his tune when talking to another, "Maya Angelou invented the peanut." He later serenaded Whoopi Goldberg with "One Less Lonely Girl" and gave her a bouquet of flowers.
In another sketch, the "SNL" crew dressed up as Bieber to be his decoy. When the singer pointed out that some of them were girls, Jason Sudeikis as leader of his security replied, "That's out A-team right there." When he complained that the black ones wouldn't fool anyone, Sudeikis deadpanned, "Well, neither are you homey."
In an effort to convince the unimpressed Bieber, the body doubles showed off their singing and dancing skills after their "swaggy" expression didn't work. They did all, the "heart" thing, the "wink", the "crotch grab," but stopped short when when it came to pulling up their shirt to show off their abs.
The only decoy he approved was Kate McKinnon's Ellen DeGeneres who dropped by backstage to greet him, "Great job, Bieber."
In the spirit of his new acoustic album, Bieber performed an unplugged rendition of his "Believe" single "As Long As You Love Me" at one point during the show. He additionally launched into "U Smile" in an impromptu performance during the decoy sketch.
On Friday, Bieber sent pizza for dozen fans who were waiting in the cold for him outside the studio. "It's a standby line pizza party courtesy of @justinbieber and the awesome people on his team!" SNL tweeted. He chimed in, "Everyone outside be safe. Enjoy the pizza ;) #BIEBERonSNL"
Despite the bad weather, Bieber went forward with rehearsals for his weekend gig. "The cast is awesome. So positive. Make the process fun. I'm excited," he wrote on Wednesday. "Laughed all day today but gonna be a lot of work. We ready!"
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard