Kelly Clarkson Already Picks Her Wedding Dress
The wheels are set in motion for Kelly Clarkson's trip down the aisle to marry her music manager fiance Brandon Blackstock. In a new issue of PEOPLE, the winner of "American Idol" inaugural season reveals that she has just found the wedding dress of her dreams.
"[It] is my personality in a dress," she spills. "It's sweetly damaged. A little rock and roll. A little tattered. Nothing like a princess thing!" During the shopping spree, she also got a prefect dress to wear for the 55th Grammy Awards and a Jane Austen-inspired frock for an upcoming family portrait.
Starting her dress hunt at Vera Wang, she recalls, "I was in the changing room, and I looked at my armpits, and I was like, 'Are you kidding me? I look like a cave woman!'." She adds, "And then I took my pants off, and I was like, 'Oh my God, my legs match!' My nails looked like a hot mess."
"My eyebrows looked like bushes. I was so not a girl. I started tearing up because I'm like, 'This is not me. I'm usually not this gross. I'm just so busy!' she continues, "And then on top of that, My friend got incredibly ill like in the movie Bridesmaids. She's like, 'We are totally not going to get asked back here.' "
Clarkson was proposed by Blackstock while hanging out with him at their Nashville home together in December. She remembers, "Out of nowhere I just said, 'Thanks for being an awesome guy.' I've never been loved properly by a man, and I was just like, 'I thank you so much for that.' "
She didn't know he would popped the question that day. "Not a damn clue!" she says. "If I did I would have worn something besides Uggs and a sweatshirt with no bra." Nevertheless, it was a pleasant surprise for her. "I didn't know life could be this happy," she gushes.
Clarkson started dating Blackstock around a year ago. She announced their engagement on December 15. He is the son of her own manager Narvel Blackstock and the stepson of country star Reba McEntire.
She's currently preparing for her performance night at the Grammys on February 10.
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'