Chris Brown's Car Totaled in Paparazzi Crash a Day Before Grammy Awards
Chris brown got involved in a car accident on Saturday, February 9. The "Don't Judge Me" hitmaker was on his way to a charity event in Los Angeles when he was cut off by two vehicles. People with cameras inside the car then rushed out to take his picture, and he crashed his car when trying to escape them.
His representative said Chris' car was totaled in the accident, but he was fine and managed to attend the event as scheduled. In a picture obtained by TMZ, his Black Porsche was badly damaged on the front bumper. A spokesman for the Beverly Hills Police department said the vehicle was towed from the scene at his request.
"Chris Brown was in a car accident this afternoon after being ruthlessly pursued by paparazzi. He was in his vehicle by himself headed to the Debbie Allen Dance Academy for a Symphonic Love Foundation event when two vehicles cut him off," his publicist explained what happened in a statement to JustJared.
The rep added, "The occupants jumped out, with cameras, and aggressively approached his vehicle. In an effort to remove himself from the situation, he began to back down an alley at which point his was cut off by two additional vehicles. Chris' vehicle was totaled due to this aggressive pursuit by the paparazzi. He is okay."
The police dept. detailed to TMZ, "On February 9, 2013 at approximately 1203pm, entertainer Chris Brown was involved in a solo, non-injury traffic collision in the 600 Block Bedford Drive/Camden Drive alley. Mr. Brown was the driver of the vehicle and collided with a wall. Brown stated that he was being chased by paparazzi causing him to lose control of his vehicle."
Back in 2009, Breezy also made headlines on the eve of Grammys. He was involved in a physical altercation with Rihanna, leaving her with bloody, bruised and swollen face. He was sentenced to 180 days of community services, five years of probation and one year of domestic violence counseling after pleading no contest to a felony battery charge.
He claimed he had completed 202 days of the court-mandated work, more than he was required to do, but the DA accused him of faking it. The investigators claimed his documentation was "at best sloppy ... and at worst fraudulent reporting" and the found no "credible, competent or verifiable evidence" that he had done what the court asked him to do.
More Chris Brown News
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?