50 Cent Releases 'Financial Freedom' Music Video
G-Unit Records mogul 50 Cent has just released a song with an accompanying music video to commemorate the 10-year anniversary of his debut album "Get Rich or Die Tryin' ". In a super fast turnover, the rapper wrote it on Wednesday, February 6, shot the video the following day with music video director and frequent collaborator Eif Rivera, and premiered the three-and-a-half-minute clip on Thursday.
"I wrote the song so everytime I hear it it reminds me of it," the 37-year-old artist explained his new recording. "It took me longer to find the beat than to actually write it. I didn't shoot the 3rd verse for you to focus on the lyrics. No GIRLS, no JEWELRY, RAW ENERGY, its just me."
There's no clue if Fif's new recording, which rings similar to the familiar 50 Cent sound, will make it to his still-unreleased "Street King Immortal" album. It remains to be seen whether it will be added as a single to his fifth album, which had been once again delayed from its scheduled February 26 release date after being repeatedly pushed back from its originally intended debut back in 2011.
"Financial Freedom" follows 50 Cent's recent single "Major Distribution" and previously released "Street King Immortal" singles, "New Day" with Dr. Dre and Alicia Keys, "My Life" with Adam Levine and Eminem, and "First Date" with Too Short. Shady Records is keen on releasing the album this year in line with Fif's pronouncement that it will finally come out this spring.
50 Cent's "Financial Freedom" Music Video
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake