Christina Ricci Is Mother to a 17-Year-Old in NBC's Comedy Pilot
Christina Ricci has landed a new small-screen role after her show "Pan Am" was canceled by ABC. The 32-year-old actress is set to star in NBC's comedy pilot titled "Girlfriend in a Coma".
The Wednesday Addams of 1991's "The Addams Family" will play Karen, who wakes up from a coma after almost two decades. She finds out that she has a 17-year-old daughter from a pregnancy she was unaware of when her life was put on hold.
The single-camera comedy is based on Douglas Coupland's novel. Liz Brixius ("Nurse Jackie") writes the pilot and will executive produce it along with Dick Wolf ("Law & Order"), Peter Jankowski ("Law & Order") and Danielle Gelber ("Chicago Fire").
Ricci's last regular TV role was as Maggie Ryan on "Pan Am". After the period drama wrapped up in February 2012, she guest starred in an episode of "The Good Wife". She will grace the big screen through "Around the Block" and lend her voice in "The Smurfs 2".
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'