Christina Ricci Is Mother to a 17-Year-Old in NBC's Comedy Pilot
Christina Ricci has landed a new small-screen role after her show "Pan Am" was canceled by ABC. The 32-year-old actress is set to star in NBC's comedy pilot titled "Girlfriend in a Coma".
The Wednesday Addams of 1991's "The Addams Family" will play Karen, who wakes up from a coma after almost two decades. She finds out that she has a 17-year-old daughter from a pregnancy she was unaware of when her life was put on hold.
The single-camera comedy is based on Douglas Coupland's novel. Liz Brixius ("Nurse Jackie") writes the pilot and will executive produce it along with Dick Wolf ("Law & Order"), Peter Jankowski ("Law & Order") and Danielle Gelber ("Chicago Fire").
Ricci's last regular TV role was as Maggie Ryan on "Pan Am". After the period drama wrapped up in February 2012, she guest starred in an episode of "The Good Wife". She will grace the big screen through "Around the Block" and lend her voice in "The Smurfs 2".
- Justin Bieber Appears to Pee His Pants During Outing - And He's Proud of It
- Is Brad Pitt Staying at a Sober House?
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip