Christina Ricci Is Mother to a 17-Year-Old in NBC's Comedy Pilot
Christina Ricci has landed a new small-screen role after her show "Pan Am" was canceled by ABC. The 32-year-old actress is set to star in NBC's comedy pilot titled "Girlfriend in a Coma".
The Wednesday Addams of 1991's "The Addams Family" will play Karen, who wakes up from a coma after almost two decades. She finds out that she has a 17-year-old daughter from a pregnancy she was unaware of when her life was put on hold.
The single-camera comedy is based on Douglas Coupland's novel. Liz Brixius ("Nurse Jackie") writes the pilot and will executive produce it along with Dick Wolf ("Law & Order"), Peter Jankowski ("Law & Order") and Danielle Gelber ("Chicago Fire").
Ricci's last regular TV role was as Maggie Ryan on "Pan Am". After the period drama wrapped up in February 2012, she guest starred in an episode of "The Good Wife". She will grace the big screen through "Around the Block" and lend her voice in "The Smurfs 2".
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says