Justin Bieber's 'Believe' Tour to Get Big Screen Treatment
Fans of Justin Bieber now have another thing to anticipate from the Canadian pop sensation after he recently released his "Believe Acoustic" album. The Biebs' manager Scooter Braun revealed to MTV News that the "Boyfriend" hitmaker had planned to bring his "Believe" tour to the big screen as a follow-up to his 2011 concert movie "Justin Bieber: Never Say Never".
Braun said that Bieber wanted every tour he would embark on throughout the rest of his career to get a big screen treatment. Explaining the reason why, the manager dished that the pop star wanted his unlucky fans who didn't have enough money to go to his concert to be able to enjoy his gigs through the silver screen.
"What we want to do is... the concerts sell out so quickly, which has really been a blessing. But Justin and I were talking about how there's so many kids out there who are in a position like he was growing up who don't have a lot of money, who aren't able to go to concerts," said Braun. "He wants to put each one of his tours for the rest of his career in theaters for at least one weekend so that kid can to the theater, pay their $10 and have that experience."
There's still no word about where the potential next Bieber film will be developed. Still, Braun has planned the next project to be less a movie than a straight-ahead concert film. "This is more about just giving them the concert and letting all the kids around the world for one weekend go to the concert together and then go back home and go online and share their experience," he explained.
Jon Chu, who directed the "Never Say Never" feature, is said to be working on editing the "Believe" film now. However, Braun stressed that he's still unsure when the movie will arrive in theaters Stateside. The 2011 film itself broke the record for a concert movie by taking in nearly $100 million worldwide.
As for now, Bieber is scheduled to host and perform on "Saturday Night Live" this coming weekend on February 9. The singer, who will be celebrating his 19th birthday on March 1, recently enjoyed a massive success as his acoustic album marked his fifth studio set in a row to top the Billboard Hot 200 chart.
More Justin Bieber News
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date