Christina Applegate Quits 'Up All Night' Following Format Change
"Up All Night" is losing one of its leads. Christina Applegate has just shocked fans with her decision to leave the NBC comedy series as the show prepares to switch visual formats in the second part of its second season.
"It's been a great experience working on 'Up All Night', but the show has taken a different creative direction and I decided it was best for me to move on to other endeavors," Applegate says in a statement.
"Working with (executive producer) Lorne Michaels has been a dream come true and I am grateful he brought me into his TV family. I will miss the cast, producers and crew, and wish them the best always."
Starting as a single-camera comedy without a studio audience, "Up All Night" is going to switch to become a multi-camera format which features a studio audience in the second part of season 2. The show hasn't filmed any new episodes with live audience.
Applegate plays Reagan Brinkley, one-half of the major couple, on the sitcom, starring alongside Will Arnett who portrays Reagan's husband. Some say the show is dead following the 41-year-old actress' departure, but other sources say the show could go on with "Friends" alumna Lisa Kudrow as a potential replacement.
NBC has neither commented on Applegate's exit nor explained the future of the comedy series.
- Free the Nipples! Jennifer Aniston Ditches Her Bra Again During NYC Outing
- Yikes! Khloe Kardashian Lived With The Game, and Some Other Men, When She Was a Teen
- Joe Perry: Aerosmith's Farewell Tour Is Simply 'an Option'
- Anna Kendrick: 'I'd Be Terrible at Being Like Taylor Swift'
- This Is Your First Look at Gillian Anderson on 'American Gods'
- Tyga Caught With Mystery Blonde Following Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Demi Lovato Flaunts Her Naked Butt in Promotional Images for 'Body Say'
- Jonah Hill and Miles Teller Are Pro Money in New 'War Dogs' Trailer