Christina Applegate Quits 'Up All Night' Following Format Change
"Up All Night" is losing one of its leads. Christina Applegate has just shocked fans with her decision to leave the NBC comedy series as the show prepares to switch visual formats in the second part of its second season.
"It's been a great experience working on 'Up All Night', but the show has taken a different creative direction and I decided it was best for me to move on to other endeavors," Applegate says in a statement.
"Working with (executive producer) Lorne Michaels has been a dream come true and I am grateful he brought me into his TV family. I will miss the cast, producers and crew, and wish them the best always."
Starting as a single-camera comedy without a studio audience, "Up All Night" is going to switch to become a multi-camera format which features a studio audience in the second part of season 2. The show hasn't filmed any new episodes with live audience.
Applegate plays Reagan Brinkley, one-half of the major couple, on the sitcom, starring alongside Will Arnett who portrays Reagan's husband. Some say the show is dead following the 41-year-old actress' departure, but other sources say the show could go on with "Friends" alumna Lisa Kudrow as a potential replacement.
NBC has neither commented on Applegate's exit nor explained the future of the comedy series.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked