Britney Spears Being Eyed for Residency at Planet Hollywood
Caesar's Entertainment Group has confirmed they are negotiating with Britney Spears and are trying to convince her to accept a residency in Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino. In a press statement issued on Friday, February 8, the owners of Caesar's Palace said they were "actively engaged in discussions" with Spears' team for a performing residency in one of their many Las Vegas properties.
"We can now confirm the company is actively engaged in discussions with Britney Spears' representatives regarding a potential headlining residency at Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino," the press statement read. If the negotiations for a Planet Hollywood residency will push through, Spears will be sharing the casino's stage with Cee-Lo Green's "Loberace" spectacle and Coco Austin's "Peepshow".
A few days before Caesar's statement came out, Spears first confirmed the ongoing negotiations through her manager. The 31-year-old "Till the World Ends" singer even hinted to her followers about ironing out her Vegas residency by including a "Viva Las Vegas" hashtag in a post on her dog's Twitter account, asking if puppies could gamble in Sin City. She has told fans she wanted to go back to music, making that statement ever more clear by ending her judging gig on reality singing competition show "The X Factor (US)".
Planet Hollywood is home to Green's brainchild "Loberace", playing off Las Vegas entertainment icon Liberace and taking fans on a ride across legendary moments in music. "Peepshow", a celebrity striptease, features E! star Austin, who is the wife of rapper Ice-T.
More Britney Spears News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3