Britney Spears Being Eyed for Residency at Planet Hollywood
Caesar's Entertainment Group has confirmed they are negotiating with Britney Spears and are trying to convince her to accept a residency in Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino. In a press statement issued on Friday, February 8, the owners of Caesar's Palace said they were "actively engaged in discussions" with Spears' team for a performing residency in one of their many Las Vegas properties.
"We can now confirm the company is actively engaged in discussions with Britney Spears' representatives regarding a potential headlining residency at Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino," the press statement read. If the negotiations for a Planet Hollywood residency will push through, Spears will be sharing the casino's stage with Cee-Lo Green's "Loberace" spectacle and Coco Austin's "Peepshow".
A few days before Caesar's statement came out, Spears first confirmed the ongoing negotiations through her manager. The 31-year-old "Till the World Ends" singer even hinted to her followers about ironing out her Vegas residency by including a "Viva Las Vegas" hashtag in a post on her dog's Twitter account, asking if puppies could gamble in Sin City. She has told fans she wanted to go back to music, making that statement ever more clear by ending her judging gig on reality singing competition show "The X Factor (US)".
Planet Hollywood is home to Green's brainchild "Loberace", playing off Las Vegas entertainment icon Liberace and taking fans on a ride across legendary moments in music. "Peepshow", a celebrity striptease, features E! star Austin, who is the wife of rapper Ice-T.
More Britney Spears News
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville