Justin Timberlake Signs On as Creative Director of Bud Light Platinum
Justin Timberlake announced his partnership with Bud Light Platinum Thursday, February 7. The 32-year-old singer and actor has signed a deal to become the brand's new Creative Director.
As a creative director, Jessica Biel's husband will be in charge of providing "creative, musical and cultural curation" for the Bud Light Platinum. "Bud Light Platinum brings a refined, discerning aesthetic to beer that plays well with what I'm doing. I'm looking forward to not only being a part of the creative process, but in bringing other talented musicians to the forefront as well," said Timberlake.
"Justin Timberlake is one of the greatest creative minds in the entertainment industry, and his insights will help us further define Bud Light Platinum's identity in the lifestyle space," Paul Chibe, Anheuser-Busch's vice president of U.S. marketing, said in a statement. "Since launching Bud Light Platinum last year, we've worked to align the brand closely with music, including leveraging tracks by Kanye West and Avicii in our first ads. Partnering with Justin as he makes his return to music brings a new level of relevance and credibility to the brand."
Bud Light Platinum was launched during 2012 Super Bowl by Anheuser Busch, an American brewing company. Bud Light Platinum was introduced as a more premium and sophisticated version of Bud Light, which now has Pitbull starring in its ads. Bud Light Platinum will be 6% alcohol by volume (ABV), which is a significant jump from 4.2% ABV for Bud Light, the top selling beer in the country, and 5% for regular Budweiser.
Timberlake's Bud Light Platinum commercial will air for 60 seconds during the Grammy Awards. The commercial features Timberlake's comeback single "Suit & Tie".
More Justin Timberlake News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special