Brett Ratner Developing 'FarmVille' Animated Series
Zynga's successful online game "FarmVille" may get a TV treatment. Filmmaker Brett Ratner has joined forces with Six Eleven Media to produce an animated series based on the farming simulation game.
" 'FarmVille' is one of the most exciting brands out there today and its cross-platform opportunities are endless," says Ratner in a statement. "I am thrilled to be expanding the brand with existing fans and also engaging a whole new audience."
The "Tower Heist" director will serve as an executive producer along with Six Eleven Media's Kirk Schenck & Charles Bishop and Independent producer Nina Gelb. No network is attached to the planned half-hour series so far.
"FarmVille" was launched on Facebook in 2009. Players have to manage their farms by plowing land, planting, growing and harvesting crops, harvesting trees and bushes, and raising livestock. Its sequel, "FarmVille 2", was released in September 2012.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story