Brett Ratner Developing 'FarmVille' Animated Series
Zynga's successful online game "FarmVille" may get a TV treatment. Filmmaker Brett Ratner has joined forces with Six Eleven Media to produce an animated series based on the farming simulation game.
" 'FarmVille' is one of the most exciting brands out there today and its cross-platform opportunities are endless," says Ratner in a statement. "I am thrilled to be expanding the brand with existing fans and also engaging a whole new audience."
The "Tower Heist" director will serve as an executive producer along with Six Eleven Media's Kirk Schenck & Charles Bishop and Independent producer Nina Gelb. No network is attached to the planned half-hour series so far.
"FarmVille" was launched on Facebook in 2009. Players have to manage their farms by plowing land, planting, growing and harvesting crops, harvesting trees and bushes, and raising livestock. Its sequel, "FarmVille 2", was released in September 2012.
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'
- Watch Britney Spears' Performance at Apple Music Festival in London
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Eliminates Second Pair of Season 23
- Miley Cyrus Disses Mariah Carey, Says 'I've Never Really Been a Fan'
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Reveals How 'Mary Poppins Returns' Connects to Original Movie
- FKA twigs Ditches Her Engagement Ring When Arriving at LAX With Robert Pattinson
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Aren't Speaking, but Not Breaking Up
- NBC's 'This Is Us' Is the First Freshman to Get Full Season Order