Brett Ratner Developing 'FarmVille' Animated Series
Zynga's successful online game "FarmVille" may get a TV treatment. Filmmaker Brett Ratner has joined forces with Six Eleven Media to produce an animated series based on the farming simulation game.
" 'FarmVille' is one of the most exciting brands out there today and its cross-platform opportunities are endless," says Ratner in a statement. "I am thrilled to be expanding the brand with existing fans and also engaging a whole new audience."
The "Tower Heist" director will serve as an executive producer along with Six Eleven Media's Kirk Schenck & Charles Bishop and Independent producer Nina Gelb. No network is attached to the planned half-hour series so far.
"FarmVille" was launched on Facebook in 2009. Players have to manage their farms by plowing land, planting, growing and harvesting crops, harvesting trees and bushes, and raising livestock. Its sequel, "FarmVille 2", was released in September 2012.
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung