Brett Ratner Developing 'FarmVille' Animated Series
Zynga's successful online game "FarmVille" may get a TV treatment. Filmmaker Brett Ratner has joined forces with Six Eleven Media to produce an animated series based on the farming simulation game.
" 'FarmVille' is one of the most exciting brands out there today and its cross-platform opportunities are endless," says Ratner in a statement. "I am thrilled to be expanding the brand with existing fans and also engaging a whole new audience."
The "Tower Heist" director will serve as an executive producer along with Six Eleven Media's Kirk Schenck & Charles Bishop and Independent producer Nina Gelb. No network is attached to the planned half-hour series so far.
"FarmVille" was launched on Facebook in 2009. Players have to manage their farms by plowing land, planting, growing and harvesting crops, harvesting trees and bushes, and raising livestock. Its sequel, "FarmVille 2", was released in September 2012.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video