Taylor Swift to Perform at 2013 Brit Awards
It's confirmed, Taylor Swift will perform at the upcoming 2013 Brit Awards to be held at the London O2 Arena, taking the stage as the last performer on the February 20 show. Although there is no word yet on which song or songs she will choose to include in her special number, with ex-beau Harry Styles expected to grace the show, Swift might be egged on to dish out either or both of her break-up hits "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" and the more recent "I Knew You Were Trouble".
Contrary to earlier reports that Beyonce Knowles will close the show, Swift has been confirmed for the coveted spot. The Destiny's Child member is reeling from her mega-successful Super Bowl halftime show performance and may have wanted to catch a break before she embarks on her forthcoming "The Mrs. Carter Show" world tour.
Swift's ex-boyfriend Styles and his boyband One Direction will also take the stage along with other performers like Justin Timberlake, Emeli Sande, Mumford & Sons, Muse and Robbie Williams. Besides the performance, Swift is also nominated for the International Female Award, pitted against Alicia Keys, Rihanna, Cat Power and Lana Del Rey.
With her London trip confirmed, Swift returns to Europe in less than a month after she went there for her NRJ Awards show performance in France, where she later gave an intimate live performance for fans aboard the Yachts de Paris Mirage cruise. She was also able to squeeze an appearance in Madrid, Spain as well after doing some sight-seeing in Paris.
More Taylor Swift News
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones