Guns N' Roses Added to 2013 Governors Ball Headliners
Iconic rock band Guns N' Roses becomes the third headlining act for this year's Governors Ball Music Festival in Randall's Island, New York City. The Axl Rose-fronted hard rock band joins hip-hop superstar Kanye West and Grammy-winning rock band Kings of Leon for the June 7 to 9 music fest.
"We're stoked to be performing at the Governors Ball!" announced Rose via a press release. "We're all really excited in GNR to be part of this festival, and with such talented and diverse acts in what looks to be a great weekend!!"
The scheduled performance marks GN'R's first major U.S. gig since the band completed their 12-show Las Vegas, Nevada residency "Appetite for Democracy" at The Joint in the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino back in November. Their forthcoming Governors Ball appearance follows an unpleasant experience they had while playing at the U.K.'s Reading and Leeds festival, where their set was cut short after being booed by the crowd when they showed up late for the gig.
Other top acts set to perform are folk rock band The Lumineers, rapper Kendrick Lamar, hip-hop diva Azealia Banks, neo-soul artist Miguel, British indie rock quartet Alt-J, rapper Nas, English indie rock band The Vaccines and Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter Erykah Badu. Numerous other musical acts complete the packed lineup which was officially announced last January 22 via a three-minute video clip.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival