Guns N' Roses Added to 2013 Governors Ball Headliners
Iconic rock band Guns N' Roses becomes the third headlining act for this year's Governors Ball Music Festival in Randall's Island, New York City. The Axl Rose-fronted hard rock band joins hip-hop superstar Kanye West and Grammy-winning rock band Kings of Leon for the June 7 to 9 music fest.
"We're stoked to be performing at the Governors Ball!" announced Rose via a press release. "We're all really excited in GNR to be part of this festival, and with such talented and diverse acts in what looks to be a great weekend!!"
The scheduled performance marks GN'R's first major U.S. gig since the band completed their 12-show Las Vegas, Nevada residency "Appetite for Democracy" at The Joint in the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino back in November. Their forthcoming Governors Ball appearance follows an unpleasant experience they had while playing at the U.K.'s Reading and Leeds festival, where their set was cut short after being booed by the crowd when they showed up late for the gig.
Other top acts set to perform are folk rock band The Lumineers, rapper Kendrick Lamar, hip-hop diva Azealia Banks, neo-soul artist Miguel, British indie rock quartet Alt-J, rapper Nas, English indie rock band The Vaccines and Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter Erykah Badu. Numerous other musical acts complete the packed lineup which was officially announced last January 22 via a three-minute video clip.
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single