Guns N' Roses Added to 2013 Governors Ball Headliners
Iconic rock band Guns N' Roses becomes the third headlining act for this year's Governors Ball Music Festival in Randall's Island, New York City. The Axl Rose-fronted hard rock band joins hip-hop superstar Kanye West and Grammy-winning rock band Kings of Leon for the June 7 to 9 music fest.
"We're stoked to be performing at the Governors Ball!" announced Rose via a press release. "We're all really excited in GNR to be part of this festival, and with such talented and diverse acts in what looks to be a great weekend!!"
The scheduled performance marks GN'R's first major U.S. gig since the band completed their 12-show Las Vegas, Nevada residency "Appetite for Democracy" at The Joint in the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino back in November. Their forthcoming Governors Ball appearance follows an unpleasant experience they had while playing at the U.K.'s Reading and Leeds festival, where their set was cut short after being booed by the crowd when they showed up late for the gig.
Other top acts set to perform are folk rock band The Lumineers, rapper Kendrick Lamar, hip-hop diva Azealia Banks, neo-soul artist Miguel, British indie rock quartet Alt-J, rapper Nas, English indie rock band The Vaccines and Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter Erykah Badu. Numerous other musical acts complete the packed lineup which was officially announced last January 22 via a three-minute video clip.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger