The Lumineers Premieres New Music Video 'Stubborn Love'
After performing the track "Stubborn Love" on the hit TV show "Saturday Night Live" three weeks ago along with their big hit "Ho Hey", The Lumineers has now released the official music video to that new single off their self-titled album. At the helm of the four-and-a-half-minute clip is Isaac Ravishankara who has previously directed videos for indie pop duo Phantogram and Brit singer Ellie Goulding.
The Lumineers is noticeably absent in most part of the video, as the clip's storyline centers on the protagonists, a little girl and her mother who's moving away after an apparent split. The folk rock trio makes only a brief appearance, performing on a sidewalk as the mother and daughter drive by, with the little girl pensively staring out the car window.
Apparently, band members Wesley Schultz, Jeremiah Fraites and Neyla Pekarek do not need a lot of exposure on their new clip, as their powerful vocals and instruments are enough to turn the literally dark and gloomy scenario into a bright and sunny outcome. "I don't blame ya dear for running like you did, all these years/ I would do the same, you best believe/ The highway signs say we're close, but I don't read those things anymore/ I never trusted my own eyes," Schultz sings as the car continues to roll.
The Lumineers is expected to appear at Sunday's Grammy Awards, as their group is nominated for Best New Artist along with Frank Ocean, Hunter Hayes, Fun. and Alabama Shakes while their album gets the nom for Best Americana Album.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?