The Lumineers Premieres New Music Video 'Stubborn Love'
After performing the track "Stubborn Love" on the hit TV show "Saturday Night Live" three weeks ago along with their big hit "Ho Hey", The Lumineers has now released the official music video to that new single off their self-titled album. At the helm of the four-and-a-half-minute clip is Isaac Ravishankara who has previously directed videos for indie pop duo Phantogram and Brit singer Ellie Goulding.
The Lumineers is noticeably absent in most part of the video, as the clip's storyline centers on the protagonists, a little girl and her mother who's moving away after an apparent split. The folk rock trio makes only a brief appearance, performing on a sidewalk as the mother and daughter drive by, with the little girl pensively staring out the car window.
Apparently, band members Wesley Schultz, Jeremiah Fraites and Neyla Pekarek do not need a lot of exposure on their new clip, as their powerful vocals and instruments are enough to turn the literally dark and gloomy scenario into a bright and sunny outcome. "I don't blame ya dear for running like you did, all these years/ I would do the same, you best believe/ The highway signs say we're close, but I don't read those things anymore/ I never trusted my own eyes," Schultz sings as the car continues to roll.
The Lumineers is expected to appear at Sunday's Grammy Awards, as their group is nominated for Best New Artist along with Frank Ocean, Hunter Hayes, Fun. and Alabama Shakes while their album gets the nom for Best Americana Album.
The Lumineers' "Stubborn Love" Music Video
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt 'Never Wanted Sex' Prior to Their Split
- Kim Kardashian's Paris Robbery Crime Scene Photos Emerge
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Were Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle