Whitney Houston's Family Attends Wax Figures Unveiling in New York
A day after they were revealed in a picture, Whitney Houston's wax figures were shown to public on Thursday, February 7. The members of Whitney's family were on hand to unveil the four likenesses of the pop diva at Madame Tussauds New York before the statues head to four different cities across the country.
Whitney's wax statues mark her 30-year career in music and movies. "They're amazing. They're beautiful," said Pat Houston, Whitney's sister-in-law who was also her manager.
"If she could step down here and be alive and really feel what's happening right now she would thank and appreciate everyone in this room," Gary Houston, Whitney's brother, said. "I'm saying it for her, I know she loves and appreciates everything that's going on here today."
Also attending the event was Cissy Houston, Whitney's mother. Bobbi Kristina Brown, Whitney's daughter with Bobby Brown, wasn't seen at the event. The 19-year-old and her adopted brother Nicholas Gordon cancelled their appearance at the last minute. "For Krissy this is a bit much, to see figures of her mother," Pat said. "It's tough enough for her, and we didn't want to pressure her into making a decision to come."
Cissy didn't want to take photos with any of the wax figures. "I love it, don't get misconstrued. Thank you so much," she said tearfully. Cissy said, from the four wax figures, the one from the 1988 "I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)" music video is the figure she liked the best. The figure of Whitney wearing a form-fitting purple dress will be on display in Madame Tussauds Las Vegas.
Washington D.C. will get the figure of Whitney performing the national anthem "The Star Spangled Banner" at Super Bowl 1991, while Los Angeles will get her figure from her 1992 movie "The Bodyguard", and the figure of Houston wearing a gold gown with spaghetti straps, from a 2009 photo shoot for her final studio album "I Look to You", will be in New York.
- Florida Georgia Line to Perform With The Chainsmokers at the 2017 CMT Music Awards
- Scott Disick Can't Keep His Hands Off Bella Thorne During Intimate Vacation in Cannes
- Ellen DeGeneres to Make Stand-Up Return in Netflix Comedy Special
- Bella Hadid Turns Heads in Daring Dress as She Debuts Short Bangs at Perfume Launch in Italy
- 'Top Gun 2' May Be Directed by Joseph Kosinski, Val Kilmer May Return
- Ariana Grande Postpones European Tour Through June 5 After Manchester Bombing
- A Hero Returns in Darkness in Netflix's 'Castlevania' First Teaser
- Bikini-Clad Ariel Winter Flashes Her Butt as She Kisses Beau Levi Meaden in PDA-Filled Pic