The Secret Identity of 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Villain Allegedly Revealed
The continuing debate surrounding the real identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's villainous character in "Star Trek Into Darkness" gets even more interesting. Persistent speculations that Cumberbatch's John Harrison is indeed Khan Noonien Singh grow even stronger after Entertainment Weekly allegedly spoils the big secret on its headline.
The magazine, which has been deemed one of the most trustworthy sources of movie scoop, puts the headline "Voyage Into the New Star Trek Kirk & Khan" on their web page to promote its latest issue which has Cumberbatch and Chris Pine on the cover. The headline has since been altered, but a fan managed to snap a screenshot of the previous title and posted it online.
Rumor that Cumberbatch will play the classic "Star Trek" villain originally portrayed by Ricardo Montalban has been swirling since the early development of the sequel. Though Abrams repeatedly denied the report, some fans still believe that it's true, judging from the film's trailer which bore resemblance to a major scene in "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan".
Abrams weighed in on it, saying, "Well, I would say that you've got to see the movie to see." He stated, "I don't want to give away what that is, but we've all seen Wrath of Khan. With one or two exceptions, we're not idiots. We are aware of the movie. I love Wrath of Khan."
The spoilerish headline aside, EW has posted a number of brand new pictures from "Star Trek Into Darkness". One of them sees Kirk holding on the edge of a wall, ready to fall from a height, while there's also one that features John Harrison being escorted by some red shirt-clad security guards.
The hotly-anticipated "Star Trek" sequel will arrive in the U.S. theaters on May 17. Fans will also be able to see the IMAX 3D version of the movie two days earlier on May 15.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'