The Secret Identity of 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Villain Allegedly Revealed
The continuing debate surrounding the real identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's villainous character in "Star Trek Into Darkness" gets even more interesting. Persistent speculations that Cumberbatch's John Harrison is indeed Khan Noonien Singh grow even stronger after Entertainment Weekly allegedly spoils the big secret on its headline.
The magazine, which has been deemed one of the most trustworthy sources of movie scoop, puts the headline "Voyage Into the New Star Trek Kirk & Khan" on their web page to promote its latest issue which has Cumberbatch and Chris Pine on the cover. The headline has since been altered, but a fan managed to snap a screenshot of the previous title and posted it online.
Rumor that Cumberbatch will play the classic "Star Trek" villain originally portrayed by Ricardo Montalban has been swirling since the early development of the sequel. Though Abrams repeatedly denied the report, some fans still believe that it's true, judging from the film's trailer which bore resemblance to a major scene in "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan".
Abrams weighed in on it, saying, "Well, I would say that you've got to see the movie to see." He stated, "I don't want to give away what that is, but we've all seen Wrath of Khan. With one or two exceptions, we're not idiots. We are aware of the movie. I love Wrath of Khan."
The spoilerish headline aside, EW has posted a number of brand new pictures from "Star Trek Into Darkness". One of them sees Kirk holding on the edge of a wall, ready to fall from a height, while there's also one that features John Harrison being escorted by some red shirt-clad security guards.
The hotly-anticipated "Star Trek" sequel will arrive in the U.S. theaters on May 17. Fans will also be able to see the IMAX 3D version of the movie two days earlier on May 15.
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game
- What Bad Blood? Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift Reunite at Secret Meeting After Months Apart
- DJ Khaled May Be Working on New Music With Alicia Keys, Justin Bieber and Chance the Rapper