Confirmed, Kanye West's Alleged 'Rich Black American' Album Is a Hoax
A screenshot of what supposedly was Kanye West's next album called "Rich Black American" completed with a partial tracklist which was posted online on February 4 is apparently just a big hoax. This is confirmed after it was found out that a user named XXXXXX posted the photo with the fake iTunes track listing and started a thread in the forum of the Kanye West fansite KanyeToThe.com.
The site's administrator, RatedK, was able to trace the identity of the trickster to a person named Matt Closson, who tagged his final posts in the forum with @mvttclosson. His Tumblr page was likewise filled with photos of West and another hip-hop artist, A$AP Rocky.
Amidst the fiasco, West subliminally addressed it all with a simple but loaded message of "authenticity" which he posted on his Twitter page. Before the title "Rich Black American" went viral, some sites claimed West actually planned to use the title "Black American Psycho" for his follow-up to his 2010 album "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" which turned out to be a fraud as well, although not as elaborate as this recent one pulled off by Closson.
The hoax was instantaneously lapped up by sites as it was cleverly thought of, referencing the single "Perfect Bitch", a song which West wrote for girlfriend Kim Kardashian, as he revealed last year in August via Twitter. A track entitled "Need Somebody" was also included, reportedly featuring hip-hop recording artist 2 Chainz, rapper Big Sean, and electronic musician Skrillex, who had actually disclosed last year that he was working with West.
More Kanye West News
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'