The Original 'Being Human' Canceled by BBC
The current fifth season of the original "Being Human" will be the last for the show. BBC Three has decided not to renew the British supernatural drama series, reportedly due to tightening budgets at the network.
The original series creator Toby Whithouse wrote on his blog, "I know many of them [the fans] will be disappointed that the show isn't returning, but all good things come to an end." He continued explaining, "We must remember too that the remit of BBC Three is to encourage and support new talent, to give them opportunities to make television, to test out new ideas and formats. In that sense Being Human is perhaps a victim of its own success."
As for the last episode, Whithouse teased, "Consequently we've created what I hope you'll agree is an epic, thrilling and shocking finale that'll keep the fans guessing and speculating for years to come."
Executive producer Rob Pursey said in a statement, "Working on Being Human has been a truly great experience... It's a credit to BBC Three that such an unusual idea has been allowed to flourish and evolve in its own unique way." He went on crediting Whithouse, the other screenwriters, producers and directors who have worked on the show.
In this final season which premiered February 3 in the U.K., the current trio consisting of vampire Hal (Damien Molony), werewolf Tom (Michael Socha) and ghost Alex (Kate Bracken) will face their toughest adversary yet, the Devil.
The show has been adapted into a U.S. version, which is currently in its third season.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked