Kristen Stewart to Be a 'Muse' in Erotic Comedy 'The Big Shoe'
Kristen Stewart will jump into erotic comedy genre for her next movie. The actress best known for her portrayal of Bella in the "Twilight Saga" series has just nabbed a new role in a forthcoming comedy drama called "The Big Shoe" to be helmed by Steven Shainberg.
According to Variety, the "On the Road" beauty will join Elizabeth Banks and Jim Sturgess. Marking Shainberg's first film since 2006's "Fur", the comedy is described as a combination of "eroticism and humor in the same vein" as the director's 2002 pic "Secretary".
"The Big Shoe" follows Nate, a gifted shoe designer who is forced to break free from a family who wants to cheapen his art for their own commercial gain. His overbearing mother Irene hires a psychotherapist and a 'muse' to lure Nate back to work.
Tackling the part of Nate will be Sturgess, while Stewart and Banks will play the 'muse' and the psychotherapist respectively. The plan is to kick off filming on June 17. Serving as the scribes are Shainberg and Mickey Birnbaum with Andrew Lazar set as the producer.
Stewart was most recently seen in "On the Road" and "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II". The Los Angeles native is also set to reprise her titular princess role in "Snow White and the Huntsman Sequel". Her other upcoming project is romantic drama "Focus", which initially also tapped Ben Affleck before he decided to exit.
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt