Kristin Cavallari Defends Jay Cutler After Saying She Got Proposed Via Text
Kristin Cavallari comes to Jay Cutler's defense after some criticized him following her revelation in E! interview that she was proposed via text. The former "Laguna Beach" star insists what she said is not the whole story, saying there's more to her baby daddy's proposal than just a simple text.
"Stop bashing jay. He proposed in Cabo. Stop believing headlines...u have no clue. They take 1 piece of an interview to get ppl talking," the 26-year-old mother of one tweeted. "And sports 'news' is no better than tabloids. That's where they get their info."
"Oh people. Jay purposed in Cabo and it was very romantic. You'll have to watch my E! special to hear," the ex-MTV reality TV star additionally explained her second engagement to the NFL star. "My E! special will be airing March 10th. All of these dumb rumors will be answered then."
Cavallari previously said of the proposal, "It was so silly. I was in the airport, leaving Chicago. We had just spent however any days together and we were texting and somehow it came up, like, 'Oh, shall we get married?' We're like, 'Yeah, OK.' And then he sent my ring in the mail. So I actually had my ring sitting at home for a couple of weeks before I put it on."
In an interview with Giuliana Rancic, she also spilled their marriage plan. "We actually have a date," she revealed. "But we're not, you know, telling anyone details." She and her fiance "know where, we know the colors, we have people booked...I'm hoping to keep it around 160."
Rancic was credited for introducing Cavallari to Cutler in August 2010, while Cabo was actually the place where he proposed to her during their first courtship after just eight months of dating. Three months later, the couple called it quits.
The pair sparked rumors they were back on again during her stint on "Dancing with the Stars". In an October taping, he was spotted among the audience, grinning broadly and applauding proudly after she finished her samba routine with her pro partner Mark Ballas.
A little more than a month later, Cavallari tweeted, "This time its official...Jay and I are engaged again :)" and then announced her pregnancy. She and her 29-year-old Chicago Bears quarterback beau now plan to tie the knot later this year but insist their nuptials won't be on August 8, which is their son Camden's first birthday.
- Kim Kardashian Planning to Use Her Toned-Down Image to Make Herself Richer
- Taran Killam Is the New King George of 'Hamilton' in New Instagram Photo
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game