Joel McHale on Chevy Chase 'Community' Exit: 'He Didn't Want to Be There'
Just a day before "Community" debuts its fourth season, lead actor Joel McHale stopped by Howard Stern's Sirius XM radio show to talk about working with Chevy Chase. Asked by the shock jock why Chase quit the show, the Jeff Winger depicter simply said, "He didn't want to be there."
When Stern asked why they didn't talk about any beef between Chase and the show's staff, McHale claimed, "When I would try, he would just try to fight me, physically fight me." The "Ted" star also confirmed that the 69-year-old comedian threw the N-word on the set.
McHale revealed that Chase would say the word when he complained about his character's racism. "[After] he said it, I said, 'We are now at DEFCON 1,' " he shared, adding that Chase claimed Richard Pryor had given him permission to use the N-word.
"Community" season 4 will premiere Thursday, February 7 at 8/7c on NBC. Chase will be featured in several episodes which had been filmed before he departed the show in November 2012.
As the Greendale gang enter their senior year, graduation is something which can't be avoided by Jeff and friends. Gillian Jacobs said, "I think Jeff kind of has his eyes on the prize of getting out of Greendale and resuming his career as a lawyer. And others don't want to leave and are just sort of finding out what we want to do in life."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival