Joel McHale on Chevy Chase 'Community' Exit: 'He Didn't Want to Be There'
Just a day before "Community" debuts its fourth season, lead actor Joel McHale stopped by Howard Stern's Sirius XM radio show to talk about working with Chevy Chase. Asked by the shock jock why Chase quit the show, the Jeff Winger depicter simply said, "He didn't want to be there."
When Stern asked why they didn't talk about any beef between Chase and the show's staff, McHale claimed, "When I would try, he would just try to fight me, physically fight me." The "Ted" star also confirmed that the 69-year-old comedian threw the N-word on the set.
McHale revealed that Chase would say the word when he complained about his character's racism. "[After] he said it, I said, 'We are now at DEFCON 1,' " he shared, adding that Chase claimed Richard Pryor had given him permission to use the N-word.
"Community" season 4 will premiere Thursday, February 7 at 8/7c on NBC. Chase will be featured in several episodes which had been filmed before he departed the show in November 2012.
As the Greendale gang enter their senior year, graduation is something which can't be avoided by Jeff and friends. Gillian Jacobs said, "I think Jeff kind of has his eyes on the prize of getting out of Greendale and resuming his career as a lawyer. And others don't want to leave and are just sort of finding out what we want to do in life."
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'