Joel McHale on Chevy Chase 'Community' Exit: 'He Didn't Want to Be There'
Just a day before "Community" debuts its fourth season, lead actor Joel McHale stopped by Howard Stern's Sirius XM radio show to talk about working with Chevy Chase. Asked by the shock jock why Chase quit the show, the Jeff Winger depicter simply said, "He didn't want to be there."
When Stern asked why they didn't talk about any beef between Chase and the show's staff, McHale claimed, "When I would try, he would just try to fight me, physically fight me." The "Ted" star also confirmed that the 69-year-old comedian threw the N-word on the set.
McHale revealed that Chase would say the word when he complained about his character's racism. "[After] he said it, I said, 'We are now at DEFCON 1,' " he shared, adding that Chase claimed Richard Pryor had given him permission to use the N-word.
"Community" season 4 will premiere Thursday, February 7 at 8/7c on NBC. Chase will be featured in several episodes which had been filmed before he departed the show in November 2012.
As the Greendale gang enter their senior year, graduation is something which can't be avoided by Jeff and friends. Gillian Jacobs said, "I think Jeff kind of has his eyes on the prize of getting out of Greendale and resuming his career as a lawyer. And others don't want to leave and are just sort of finding out what we want to do in life."
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle