Alicia Keys to Headline NBA All-Star Game Halftime Show
Grammy Award-winning singer Alicia Keys has been tapped to headline the forthcoming NBA All-Star Game that will take place in Houston, Texas on February 17. Unlike Beyonce Knowles' Super Bowl halftime show where she was backed up by her Destiny's Child group mates, Keys will be handling the halftime show for the star-studded game all by herself.
Keys is expected to perform a selection of her biggest hits, which may include her latest chart-topper and her new album's lead single "Girl on Fire". She is set to take the stage after R'n'B crooners John Legend and Ne-Yo first execute their assigned tasks, with the latter welcoming the players with a string of his hits as they enter the court, and the former handling the national anthem singing chores.
The all-star game is just a part of the exciting three-day NBA All-Star weekend that will merge sports and pop music for the enjoyment of millions of basketball fans. Other performances lined-up for the big weekend of events are singer-songwriter Ellie Goulding, "American Idol" winner Phillip Phillips and pop punk band Fall Out Boy, who will dish out their first live television performance in three years during the star-studded event.
The scheduled performance by Keys may well be a testament that she is indeed a "girl on fire," performing in some of the biggest events such as the recently-concluded Super Bowl, and just before that, doing several shows during President Obama's inauguration ball. She is set to perform at the 55th Grammy Awards on Sunday and will embark on world tour beginning in March.
- Michelle Rodriguez Threatens to Quit 'Fast and Furious' Franchise Over Its Depiction of Women
- Paris Hilton and Chris Zylka Are Reportedly Getting Engaged Soon
- Missing the Kids, Brad Pitt Urges Angelina Jolie to Have Family Reunion
- Watch Nick Jonas' Calvin Klein-Esque Video for 'Remember I Told You' Ft. Anne-Marie and Mike Posner
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Rachel Ends Lee-Kenny Feud, Sends Home Six Guys
- Report: Rob Kardashian Says He Pays All of Blac Chyna's Bills
- 'America's Got Talent' Week 5: Guy Sings Whitney Houston's 'I Have Nothing' Like It's Nothing
- Remy Ma Totally Expects Nicki Minaj's Diss at NBA Awards