Beyonce's and Destiny's Child's Album Sales Surge After Super Bowl Spectacle
Right after their much-awaited onstage reunion at the Super Bowl halftime show Sunday night, February 3 in New Orleans, Beyonce Knowles, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams (II) are reaping the rewards of their memorable performance. Bey's solo album and Destiny's Child's new compilation album have posted a very significant increase in sales following their spectacular show.
Beyonce, performing a total of eight songs, enjoyed a staggering 197% combined increase for her catalogue of albums, selling a total of 20,000 units of both her solo and Destiny's Child studio releases. Individually, Bey's solo work went up by 119%, selling 9,000 units, while her recently-reunited group posted the bigger 328% increase, moving 11,000 copies.
DC's new release "Love Songs" enjoyed much of the excitement following their show-stopping performance, selling 6,000 copies and debuting at no. 72 on the Billboard albums chart within a few days of its January 29 release. The album features their new song "Nuclear" which debuted as the trio's fourth biggest seller after "Say My Name" (6,000; up 231%), "Survivor" (5,000; up 168%) and "Independent Women (Part 1)" (4,000; up 550%).
Although an earlier reported "Nuclear" inclusion in the DC setlist didn't pull through, the three divas didn't disappoint, performing "Independent Women" and "Bootylicious" along with Bey's solo hit "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)".
The biggest gainer from the Super Bowl-induced surge was Beyonce's final song for the night, "Halo", which went up by a skyrocketing 338% with 19,000 digital downloads.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion