Mama Junes Drops Over 100 Pounds, Credits 'Honey Boo Boo' Show for Her Weight Loss
Mama June of "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" has a major weight loss. The mother of four tells TMZ she lost more than 100 pounds and she did it without dieting or going to gym. No celebrity trainer is needed either. She credits the TLC reality TV show for helping her shed her weight.
The Honey Boo Boo matriarch weighed in at 365 lbs when they first taped the show and now she slims down to 263 lbs. "I haven't done any surgeries ... no diet pills ... never went to the gym," she says, before revealing her secret, "but with the show I've been more active."
"They have me running around and going different places," she adds. "I guess it's paying off."
"Honey Boo Boo" is currently in its sophomore season. The money they got, $15,000 to $20,000 per episode, is divided among Alana Thompson, 7, Lauryn, 12, Jessica, 15, Anna, 18, and Anna's daughter Kaitlyn. She requested it be sent directly into the girls' trust fund so that she wouldn't be tempted to spend it herself.
"I want my kids to look back and say, 'Mama played it smart. Not like those other reality TV people'," she explained. "You're never gonna see me drive a Range Rover or a Mercedes. I'll drive one if someone else pays for it. Never gonna live above my means."
The girls won't be able to access the money until they turn 21. They will be able to get their share before then only when they really need it for their education or healthcare.
The family lives off the salary Mike "Sugar Bear" Thompson gets from his contractor job to pay the bills. Since their newfound fame, they only made one big purchase so far, a 2005 second-hand Ford Expedition.
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?