Mindy McCready Seeking Treatment After Her Kids Removed From Her Care
Mindy McCready is seeking the help for her alcohol issues after her children were removed from her care by the Department of Human Services, almost a month after her live-in boyfriend David Wilson died. According to E! News, the country music singer admits she "indulged in too much alcohol because she was still mourning David's passing."
McCready is ordered by judge to check herself into a treatment facility for a mental-health and alcohol-abuse evaluation. "Family members sought to have Mindy committed to a mental-health facility and there was an emergency hearing today," says a source. "They just got out of court a little while ago and the judge committed her for up to 21 days."
Earlier on Wednesday, February 6, 6-year-old Zander from her previous marriage to Billy McKnight, and 9-month-old Zayne from her relationship with Wilson were taken from her Heber Springs, Arkansas home. "It was reported to me by DHS that they took custody of the kids this afternoon. They are in DHS custody at this point," her lawyer Eric Hughes said.
"They just came and got the kids a couple of hours ago," a source spilled. "Mindy needs to get help and we all care and love her and we want her to get the right help so she can move on. She is in a bad state right now, depressed and unhappy. It is not good."
Wilson, a record producer/songwriter, died on January 13 with a suspected self-inflicted gunshot wound. In an interview on "Dateline", McCready was specifically asked by host Andrea Canning if she shot Wilson. "Oh my god, no. Oh my god, no," she said. "He was my life. We were each other's life. There's no way to tell where one of us began and the other ended."
She also dismissed speculations that Wilson was seeing someone else. "David was not having an affair with another woman," she said. "That is absolutely, totally untrue. Neither one of us have ever cheated on each other and would never do that. That is absolutely a lie."
She admitted they did have fights, but insisted it was not out of ordinary. When asked if she believed Wilson killed himself or was murdered, she said, "I don't know." She added, "I don't understand why he would leave us. I have never gone through anything this painful. He didn't just touch my heart, he touched my soul. He was my soulmate."
Investigation into his death is still ongoing.
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Debuts First Footage, 'Wonder Woman' Gets First Trailer
- Watch Melissa McCarthy, Jodie Foster, Adam Sandler Ruin Their Han Solo Auditions on 'CONAN'
- People Are Upset Taylor Swift Uses Special Instagram Tool to Block Those Snake Emojis
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series