Grammy Awards 2013 Warns Artists Against Indecent Exposure
Similar to what it has done in previous years, the Grammys, through its telecast partner CBS, has effectively banned the unnecessary display of private parts in its forthcoming awards night on Sunday, February 10 which will air live from the Staples Center in Los Angeles. The stern warning was issued in light of the expected gratuitous displays of flesh typical of celebrities attending such big events as the upcoming 55th annual Grammy awards.
In an advisory issued by CBS through its standards and practices department, talents appearing in the show are warned against any plans of indecent exposure during Sunday's ceremonies. In a memo issued to the production, staff that handle these talents are asked to ensure "that buttocks and female breasts are adequately covered."
Among the items that attendees are asked to restrain from are "thong-type costumes" and "sheer see-through clothing that could possibly expose female breast nipples." Exposure of the "bare sides or under curvature of the breasts" and "buttock crack" are also prohibited.
Aside from the potential wardrobe malfunction problems that the show tries to avoid, the Grammys has likewise advised against "obscenity or partially seen obscenity on wardrobe" not only for onstage presenters or performers but extends it even to audience members who will be seen on cameras. Lapel pins and other accessories alluding to any organized cause are also requested to be avoided.
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up