First Official Image of Michael Douglas and Matt Damon in HBO's 'Behind the Candelabra'
After spotted on the set of "Behind the Candelabra" last year, Michael Douglas and Matt Damon have been finally featured in an official image of the HBO film. The two pose in fancy suits while standing next to a vintage Corvette coupe.
In the biopic about Liberace, Douglas plays the flamboyant pianist while Damon tackles the role of Liberace's younger live-in lover, Scott Thorson. The story will depict the tempestuous relationship between Liberace and Thorson, who later filed a palimony suit against him. It is based on Thorson's 1988 memoir "Behind the Candelabra: My Life With Liberace".
Steven Soderbergh directs the TV movie, with the script provided by Richard LaGravanese. Executive producer Jerry Weintraub once said "Behind the Candelabra" would explore Liberace's "dark side and his light side."
Insisting that they were serious about making the Liberace biopic, Damon said at TCA in January, "We weren't giggling about it. These were people's lives. We wanted to get it right." The TV movie will premiere in May on HBO.
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian Is Expecting Baby No. 4 With Scott Disick