First Official Image of Michael Douglas and Matt Damon in HBO's 'Behind the Candelabra'
After spotted on the set of "Behind the Candelabra" last year, Michael Douglas and Matt Damon have been finally featured in an official image of the HBO film. The two pose in fancy suits while standing next to a vintage Corvette coupe.
In the biopic about Liberace, Douglas plays the flamboyant pianist while Damon tackles the role of Liberace's younger live-in lover, Scott Thorson. The story will depict the tempestuous relationship between Liberace and Thorson, who later filed a palimony suit against him. It is based on Thorson's 1988 memoir "Behind the Candelabra: My Life With Liberace".
Steven Soderbergh directs the TV movie, with the script provided by Richard LaGravanese. Executive producer Jerry Weintraub once said "Behind the Candelabra" would explore Liberace's "dark side and his light side."
Insisting that they were serious about making the Liberace biopic, Damon said at TCA in January, "We weren't giggling about it. These were people's lives. We wanted to get it right." The TV movie will premiere in May on HBO.
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef