The 'Avengers' Cast Will Reunite as Presenters at 2013 Oscars
More A-list movie stars have been added to the presenter list for the 85th Academy Awards. On Wednesday, Feburary 6, the AMPAS confirmed that the cast of "The Avengers" would be on hand to deliver the golden statuettes to the winners at the upcoming Oscar ceremony.
Those included in the list are Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Samuel L. Jackson, Jeremy Renner and Mark Ruffalo. Oscar producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron gushed about these presenters, "We are happy to re-unite the 'Avengers' cast to present on our show. Audiences who enjoyed the year's biggest box office hit will be excited to see these terrific actors back together again."
Downey Jr., Jackson, Renner and Ruffalo were nominated for Oscar for at least once. As for Evans, this will mark his first appearance at the Oscar show. The fan-favorite actors will join last year's Oscar winners, Jean Dujardin, Meryl Streep, Octavia Spencer and Christopher Plummer, as the presenters. Mark Wahlberg and the titular bear in "Ted" are also set to present.
The 2013 Oscars is set to take place at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood & Highland Center with Seth MacFarlane serving as the host. Slated as the musical performers for the February 24 ceremony are Adele, Norah Jones and Barbra Streisand. The show will be broadcast live on the ABC Television Network in more than 225 countries.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'