MTV Renews 'Buckwild', TLC Orders Sixth Season of 'Toddlers and Tiaras'
Two controversial reality shows get new season pickups on the same day. Almost at the same time MTV orders the second season of "Buckwild", TLC renews "Toddlers & Tiaras" for a sixth season.
"Buckwild" sparked criticism even before it was premiered in early January with West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin III claiming that the show coaxed [young people] into displaying shameful behavior."
Rating wise, the comedy reality series is not a disappointment, averaging 3 million viewers so far. The show will wrap up its inaugural season with final two episodes on Thursday, February 7 starting at 10 P.M., followed by the bonus-footage special "Bucking Unseen Moments" at 11 P.M.
"Toddlers & Tiaras" is also a popular show on TLC and has spawned a spin-off, "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo". The new season consisting of 13 episodes will premiere this coming summer.
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction