Rihanna Supports Chris Brown by Appearing on His Probation Hearing
Chris Brown got a very special support as he showed up for the regular probation status update hearing at the L.A. Courthouse on Wednesday afternoon, February 6. The "Kiss Kiss" hitmaker was accompanied by none other than his girlfriend Rihanna.
According to TMZ, the Bajan songstress "sat quietly in the gallery" with Brown's mother Joyce Hawkins. The "Umbrella" hitmaker, dressed conservatively and relatively spoke, sat on the front row during the hearing, L.A. Now added.
RiRi's appearance at the court came as a shock and irony since she's the one Breezy was convicted of beating during his infamous meltdown in 2009. The Virginia-born R'n'B singer attended the hearing to face allegation that he was faking his community service hours.
As reported before, Brown allegedly lied about completing his community service at a day care center as prosecutors believed he never actually performed. During the Wednesday hearing, the judge said he needed more time to review all the evidence brought by the District Attorney. The judge also ordered the singer to meet with his probation officer within 48 hours to discuss the case. The next court hearing is scheduled to take place on April 5.
Brown's lawyer, Mark Geragos, claimed he had submitted paperwork to the court on Wednesday in response to the allegations. "I'm a little disturbed how the district attorney handled this," he said in court. "It could have been handled much differently."
Looking all smiles after the hearing, Brown left the courtroom arm-in-arm with Rihanna. An onlooker described that RiRi smiled at her boyfriend and "tried to cheer him up" as they walked out of the building.
More Rihanna News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media