'Star Wars' Spin-Off Movies Will Center Around Young Han Solo and Boba Fett
Details of stand-alone "Star Wars" films, besides the upcoming trilogy to be directed by J.J. Abrams, developed by Walt Disney Pictures have emerged. According to Entertainment Weekly, there will be two spin-off projects: one focusing on the wisecracking smuggler Han Solo's origin story, and the other revolving around Boba Fett at the center of a rogue's gallery of galactic scum.
The Han Solo saga will take place "in the time period between Revenge of the Sith and the first Star Wars," now known as A New Hope. The Boba Fett story will be set either "between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, or between Empire and Jedi, where the bounty hunter was last seen plunging unceremoniously into a sarlacc pit."
Han Solo was portrayed by Harrison Ford in previous movie taking place in the Star Wars universe, while Boba Fett was played by Temuera Morrison in prequels. No words if they will reprise the roles in the Untitled Stand-Alone Star Wars Films.
More Rogue One: A Star Wars Story News
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die