'Star Wars' Spin-Off Movies Will Center Around Young Han Solo and Boba Fett
Details of stand-alone "Star Wars" films, besides the upcoming trilogy to be directed by J.J. Abrams, developed by Walt Disney Pictures have emerged. According to Entertainment Weekly, there will be two spin-off projects: one focusing on the wisecracking smuggler Han Solo's origin story, and the other revolving around Boba Fett at the center of a rogue's gallery of galactic scum.
The Han Solo saga will take place "in the time period between Revenge of the Sith and the first Star Wars," now known as A New Hope. The Boba Fett story will be set either "between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, or between Empire and Jedi, where the bounty hunter was last seen plunging unceremoniously into a sarlacc pit."
Han Solo was portrayed by Harrison Ford in previous movie taking place in the Star Wars universe, while Boba Fett was played by Temuera Morrison in prequels. No words if they will reprise the roles in the Untitled Stand-Alone Star Wars Films.
More Rogue One: A Star Wars Story News
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son