The Wanted Boys Land New E! Reality Series
The Wanted's life is going to be documented on television as they score a deal for a Kardashian-like reality series with Ryan Seacrest Productions for E!. The program will follow the boybanders as they live together in the Hollywood Hills to record their third album and "take on all that LA has to offer." The half-hour series about the boys embracing their fame "to the very fullest with an unapologetic style" will premiere Stateside in June and worldwide this fall.
In an introduction of the band's members, E! says ladies man Max George, who's linked to Lindsay Lohan last year, "is playing the field… and loving it." Funny but elusive Jay McGuinness is completely unpredictable, Tom Parker often leaves a mess due to his energetic temperament, and Nathan Sykes is often left out by the group when they go out because he's not old enough to go into clubs. Finally, Zen-like member Siva Kaneswaran is the peacemaker among them all.
The boys are not worried about revealing too much on the show. "We've always tried to show who we are," George says. "We haven't hid much." When asked if LiLo will an appearance, he laughs, "Elvis could end up being on the show for all we know." Parker additionally utters, "The cameras can just be there to document how stupidly drunk we get and the morning after as well when we're like, 'Oh, s**t! We've got to sing today and I've got no voice'." Kaneswaran chimes in, "I don't think there's anything off limits to be honest…We'll let everything be exposed."
"The rock star lifestyle is something that everyone has fantasized about and The Wanted are giving viewers total access into their world as they live out this dream," said Suzanne Kolb, President of E!. "This series is a perfect blend of music, bromance and superstardom chronicling the lives of one of music's biggest groups as they continue to make their mark on the global stage."
"America has a long history of falling for British bad boy musicians, so it's no surprise that The Wanted are already beloved by legions of fans far and wide," added Seacrest. "This talented and outspoken English-Irish band are setting their own course to fame and this journey is the foundation of the series. It's a road that's bound to include irresistible pop tracks along with plenty of humor, antics and drama behind-the-scenes, which I believe will further ignite fascination and even obsession with these guys."
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant