Ryan Gosling Taps Girlfriend Eva Mendes to Star in His Directorial Debut
Planning his directorial debut, Ryan Gosling seems to know exactly who's the right actress he wants to work with. The "Drive" actor has tapped his own girlfriend Eva Mendes to star in "Lost River", which will mark his first directing stint.
Breaking the news is Bloody Disgusting, which also states that Gosling has picked Rob Zabrecky as Mendes' co-star. The two join previously-announced cast members Christina Hendricks and Ben Mendelsohn.
Words are, Mendes is set to play a character named Cat. She is a prominent figure of the Big Bad Wolf Club. Zabrecky, meanwhile, is cast as a cab driver. The two are set to kick off filming this May with Gosling and the other stars.
Gosling's directorial debut weaves elements of fantasy noir, and suspense into a modern day fairytale. Set against the surreal dreamscape of a vanishing city, the story follows a single mother of two called Billy.
She is swept into a macabre and dark fantasy underworld while her teenage son discovers a secret road leading to an underwater town. Both Billy and her son must dive deep into the mystery, if their family is to survive.
Before "Lost River", Gosling and Mendes worked together in "The Place Beyond the Pines". The drama, which also stars Bradley Cooper, will hit the U.S. theaters on March 29.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie