Ryan Gosling Taps Girlfriend Eva Mendes to Star in His Directorial Debut
Planning his directorial debut, Ryan Gosling seems to know exactly who's the right actress he wants to work with. The "Drive" actor has tapped his own girlfriend Eva Mendes to star in "Lost River", which will mark his first directing stint.
Breaking the news is Bloody Disgusting, which also states that Gosling has picked Rob Zabrecky as Mendes' co-star. The two join previously-announced cast members Christina Hendricks and Ben Mendelsohn.
Words are, Mendes is set to play a character named Cat. She is a prominent figure of the Big Bad Wolf Club. Zabrecky, meanwhile, is cast as a cab driver. The two are set to kick off filming this May with Gosling and the other stars.
Gosling's directorial debut weaves elements of fantasy noir, and suspense into a modern day fairytale. Set against the surreal dreamscape of a vanishing city, the story follows a single mother of two called Billy.
She is swept into a macabre and dark fantasy underworld while her teenage son discovers a secret road leading to an underwater town. Both Billy and her son must dive deep into the mystery, if their family is to survive.
Before "Lost River", Gosling and Mendes worked together in "The Place Beyond the Pines". The drama, which also stars Bradley Cooper, will hit the U.S. theaters on March 29.
- 'Han Solo' Movie May Reveal How the Iconic Smuggler Won the Millenium Falcon
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- 'Deadpool 2': Find Out Details of Tim Miller's Disagreements With Ryan Reynolds That Led to His Exit
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated