First 'Charlie Countryman' Footage: Shia Labeouf Becomes Hit and Run Victim
A first sneak peek at Sundance hit "The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman" has made its round onto the web thanks to MTV News. The clip focuses on a scene where Evan Rachel Wood whispers in Shia LaBeouf's ear, "If you find me tomorrow, I will kiss you," before leaving him alone on the street.
Happy, LaBeouf then runs across the streets while Wood heads down to the subway. Slow-motion sequence is shown as the two go to opposite direction. LaBouf is all smiles as he runs, before all of a sudden, a car passes by and directly hits him. The young man in love is left unconscious on the ground, while another random man watches him.
LaBeouf plays titular character, Charlie Countryman, who was just a normal guy until he fell in love with the one girl who will probably get him killed. When Charlie meets the absolutely irresistible Gabi, she's already been claimed by Nigel, an insanely violent crime boss with a gang of thugs at his disposal.
Armed with little more than his wit and naive charm, Charlie endures one bruising beat down after another to woo Gabi and keep her out of harm's way. Finally his exploits of blind valor create such a mess that he's left with only one way out; to save the girl of his dreams, must Charlie Countryman die?
"The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman" was premiered at the Eccles during the Sundance Film Festival last January. The movie reportedly attracted strong buzz from buyers ahead of its screening. This week, the movie directed by Fredrik Bond will be introduced to foreign buyers at the Berlin International Film Festival.
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship