Kris Humphries Accuses Kim Kardashian of Using Her Pregnancy to Rush Divorce Trial
Kris Humphries refuses Kim Kardashian's request for a speedy trial in their divorce proceedings. The basketball player accuses the "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" star of trying to gain unfair advantage by using her "unplanned pregnancy" to speed things up.
Laura Wasser who represents the Kanye West girlfriend wants to set a divorce trial for March, but Kris opposes it. He says he would be unable to attend the proceedings then because of his NBA basketball schedule and would not be available until May or June.
"What is really going on here is that an 'urgency' in the form of an apparently unplanned pregnancy, something the Respondent had nothing to do with, is perceived by Plaintiff as an opportunity to gain a litigation advantage by trying to force this court to prematurely set this matter for trial," says Kris' lawyer Marshall Waller.
The proceedings take so long to settle because both parties have disagreement on how to end their union. While she wants a divorce, he's seeking annulment. "So that's what's tricky," Kim once told David Letterman. "So he is suing me for an annulment based on the fact that I frauded him into marrying him for publicity."
In his filing Kris' lawyer says if "there really is 'no evidentiary support' to support Humphries claims, why don't they just give us the access we want? What are they hiding? What is there in the raw footage of this televised courtship, 72 day marriage and resultant breakup that they are so afraid of us discovering?"
"IF (and only if) everybody was cooperative," the attorney additionally states. "As of this dictation, everybody is most definitely NOT cooperative, which means we are probably going to have to obtain court orders and go through that process to get access to all of this information, and until that happens we are NOT ready to go to trial."
Kim is due to give birth in June this year.
- NBC Sets Premiere Date for DC Comics' Comedy 'Powerless'
- Meghan Trainor Scraps Remaining 2016 Tour Dates due to Illness
- Pharrell Joins Forces With Alicia Keys on New Song 'Apple'
- Jennifer Lawrence Gets Blasted for Scratching Her Butt on Sacred Rocks
- The Rock Seduced by a Bikini Babe in 'Baywatch' Longer Teaser Trailer
- Taylor Swift and Zayn Malik Team Up for 'Fifty Shades Darker' Song 'I Don't Wanna Live Forever'
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016