Lindsey Vonn Airlifted to Hospital After Skiing Accident
Lindsey Vonn took a nasty tumble on the slope when competing in skiing championship in Schladming. The 28-year-old world cup ski racer lost her balance, resulting to a fall during a jump at the Alpine Super-G World Ski Championships.
The frightening accident was caught on camera. Paramedics rushed to the place where she fell and examined her on the scene for about 12 minutes before she was airlifted to a nearby hospital to receive further treatment for her injuries.
The athlete reportedly tore two knee ligaments and broke her leg in the crash. U.S. Ski Team Medical Director Kyle Wilkens said she tore the anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments in her right knee and fractured a bone just below the joint.
Doctors said Lindsey needed surgery for her injuries. A representative for the U.S. Ski Team is hopeful the Olympic gold medal skier will return for the 2013-14 season.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie