Lindsey Vonn Airlifted to Hospital After Skiing Accident
Lindsey Vonn took a nasty tumble on the slope when competing in skiing championship in Schladming. The 28-year-old world cup ski racer lost her balance, resulting to a fall during a jump at the Alpine Super-G World Ski Championships.
The frightening accident was caught on camera. Paramedics rushed to the place where she fell and examined her on the scene for about 12 minutes before she was airlifted to a nearby hospital to receive further treatment for her injuries.
The athlete reportedly tore two knee ligaments and broke her leg in the crash. U.S. Ski Team Medical Director Kyle Wilkens said she tore the anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments in her right knee and fractured a bone just below the joint.
Doctors said Lindsey needed surgery for her injuries. A representative for the U.S. Ski Team is hopeful the Olympic gold medal skier will return for the 2013-14 season.
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It
- Scott Disick Hangs Out With Khloe Kardashian Look-Alike in the Beverly Hills Hotel
- Has Zoe Saldana Revealed 'Avengers 4' Title?
- Kendrick Lamar Announces 'The Damn. Tour' Dates