Lindsey Vonn Airlifted to Hospital After Skiing Accident
Lindsey Vonn took a nasty tumble on the slope when competing in skiing championship in Schladming. The 28-year-old world cup ski racer lost her balance, resulting to a fall during a jump at the Alpine Super-G World Ski Championships.
The frightening accident was caught on camera. Paramedics rushed to the place where she fell and examined her on the scene for about 12 minutes before she was airlifted to a nearby hospital to receive further treatment for her injuries.
The athlete reportedly tore two knee ligaments and broke her leg in the crash. U.S. Ski Team Medical Director Kyle Wilkens said she tore the anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments in her right knee and fractured a bone just below the joint.
Doctors said Lindsey needed surgery for her injuries. A representative for the U.S. Ski Team is hopeful the Olympic gold medal skier will return for the 2013-14 season.
More Lindsey Vonn News
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital