Lindsey Vonn Airlifted to Hospital After Skiing Accident
Lindsey Vonn took a nasty tumble on the slope when competing in skiing championship in Schladming. The 28-year-old world cup ski racer lost her balance, resulting to a fall during a jump at the Alpine Super-G World Ski Championships.
The frightening accident was caught on camera. Paramedics rushed to the place where she fell and examined her on the scene for about 12 minutes before she was airlifted to a nearby hospital to receive further treatment for her injuries.
The athlete reportedly tore two knee ligaments and broke her leg in the crash. U.S. Ski Team Medical Director Kyle Wilkens said she tore the anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments in her right knee and fractured a bone just below the joint.
Doctors said Lindsey needed surgery for her injuries. A representative for the U.S. Ski Team is hopeful the Olympic gold medal skier will return for the 2013-14 season.
More Lindsey Vonn News
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'