Lindsey Vonn Airlifted to Hospital After Skiing Accident
Lindsey Vonn took a nasty tumble on the slope when competing in skiing championship in Schladming. The 28-year-old world cup ski racer lost her balance, resulting to a fall during a jump at the Alpine Super-G World Ski Championships.
The frightening accident was caught on camera. Paramedics rushed to the place where she fell and examined her on the scene for about 12 minutes before she was airlifted to a nearby hospital to receive further treatment for her injuries.
The athlete reportedly tore two knee ligaments and broke her leg in the crash. U.S. Ski Team Medical Director Kyle Wilkens said she tore the anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments in her right knee and fractured a bone just below the joint.
Doctors said Lindsey needed surgery for her injuries. A representative for the U.S. Ski Team is hopeful the Olympic gold medal skier will return for the 2013-14 season.
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'