Lindsey Vonn Airlifted to Hospital After Skiing Accident
Lindsey Vonn took a nasty tumble on the slope when competing in skiing championship in Schladming. The 28-year-old world cup ski racer lost her balance, resulting to a fall during a jump at the Alpine Super-G World Ski Championships.
The frightening accident was caught on camera. Paramedics rushed to the place where she fell and examined her on the scene for about 12 minutes before she was airlifted to a nearby hospital to receive further treatment for her injuries.
The athlete reportedly tore two knee ligaments and broke her leg in the crash. U.S. Ski Team Medical Director Kyle Wilkens said she tore the anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments in her right knee and fractured a bone just below the joint.
Doctors said Lindsey needed surgery for her injuries. A representative for the U.S. Ski Team is hopeful the Olympic gold medal skier will return for the 2013-14 season.
More Lindsey Vonn News
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked
- Emma Roberts and Ex Evan Peters Spark Reconciliation Rumors After Spotted Together
- Taylor Swift NOT Hooking Up With Todrick Hall
- Katy Perry Unveils Three 'Rise' Remixes
- New 'Empire' Season 3 Trailer Gives First Look at Mariah Carey's Kitty
- New 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set Pics Reveal Thor and Loki's Costume and Tease a Mystery Character
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing