'Fast and Furious 6' Extended Trailer Exposes More Impressive Actions
Universal Pictures unleashes an extended first look at "Fast and Furious 6" just days after debuting the film's first footage during the Super Bowl telecast on Sunday, February 3. The three-and-a-half-minute promo video gives a longer look at how Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson meets Vin Diesel and forms a super team to accomplish a dangerous mission.
The background story and the motivation of the team are explained pretty clearly in the newly-released trailer. More impressive car chase sequences are also exposed in it in addition to some intense hand-on-hand battle scenes. Compared to the previous sneak peek, this new one also reveals more scenes involving the film's major villain.
Diesel is back as Dom in the sixth installment of the high-speed film series. Since Dom and Brian's (Paul Walker) Rio heist toppled a kingpin's empire and left their crew with $100 million, the heroes have scattered across the globe. However, their inability to return home and living forever on the lam have left their lives incomplete.
Meanwhile, Hobbs (Johnson) has been tracking an organization of lethally skilled mercenary drivers across 12 countries, whose mastermind (Luke Evans) is aided by a ruthless second-in-command revealed to be the love Dom thought was dead, Letty (Michelle Rodriguez). The only way to stop the criminal outfit is to outmatch them at street level, so Hobbs asks Dom to assemble his elite team in London.
"Fast and Furious 6" will make its way out onto the U.S. cinemas on May 24. Dustin Lin serves as the director with Chris Morgan penning the script. Also supporting the actioner are Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Gina Carano, Joe Taslim and Ludacris.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival