Tim McGraw, Taylor Swift and Keith Urban's 'Highway Don't Care' Leaks
Country music A-listers Tim McGraw, Taylor Swift and Keith Urban team up for a rare recording trifecta in "Highway Don't Care". The mid-tempo tune is the last one in the list of thirteen tracks included in the standard edition of "Two Lanes of Freedom", McGraw's first album under Big Machine Records which he signed up with last year.
The country ballad is a tale of a man who just wants his lover to stay closer to home no matter how much the road calls. It holds a very catchy hook, "The highway won't hold you tonight/ The highway don't know you're alive/ The highway don't care if you're all alone/ but I do, I do/ The highway won't dry your tears/ The highway don't need you here/ The highway don't care if you're coming home/ but I do, I do."
After her crossover jump to pop in her latest studio album, Swift looks back on her country roots in this new collaboration. Her breathy vocals especially on the verse "I can't live without you/ I can't live without you baby" seem to be getting better on this track than it sounded on her own "Red" album.
The "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" singer posted on Twitter Tuesday, February 5, "I sang with Tim McGraw on a song on his new album- it's called 'Highway Don't Care' and it's out now and I'm psyched about it- check it out?". "American Idol" judge Urban lent his guitar-playing skills on the collaboration.
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce
- Beyonce Is Reported to Perform at 2016 MTV VMAs
- George and Amal Clooney Are Reportedly Expecting First Child