'The Mentalist' Star Robin Tunney Engaged to Nicky Marmet at His Second Attempt
Robin Tunney has revealed that she accepted Nicky Marmet's proposal on Christmas Day while they were on vacation in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The 40-year-old actress said that it was the second time Marmet proposed to her.
"He'd made an earlier attempt at the beach in Bahia, but I had what I thought was Dengue Fever and I threw up over his shoulder when he was about to take the ring out," she said. "Mercifully, I recovered and was healthy enough to accept the second time. I was shocked. I was too ill to notice anything was up in Bahia so he'd caught me completely off guard."
"The Mentalist" star claimed her interior designer boyfriend did a great job picking out the engagement ring. "The diamond was from his grandmother Mimi's engagement ring and was reset by Ann Marie Stanton, a jeweler and dear friend of mine in Beverly Hills," she said. "It means so much that it was his grandmother's. She had a long and happy marriage to his grandfather. I like to think it's good luck!"
This will be Tunney's second marriage after she got divorced from producer and director Bob Gosse in 2002. In 2009, she got engaged to Australian writer and director Andrew Dominik, but they called it off in 2010.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones