'The Mentalist' Star Robin Tunney Engaged to Nicky Marmet at His Second Attempt
Robin Tunney has revealed that she accepted Nicky Marmet's proposal on Christmas Day while they were on vacation in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The 40-year-old actress said that it was the second time Marmet proposed to her.
"He'd made an earlier attempt at the beach in Bahia, but I had what I thought was Dengue Fever and I threw up over his shoulder when he was about to take the ring out," she said. "Mercifully, I recovered and was healthy enough to accept the second time. I was shocked. I was too ill to notice anything was up in Bahia so he'd caught me completely off guard."
"The Mentalist" star claimed her interior designer boyfriend did a great job picking out the engagement ring. "The diamond was from his grandmother Mimi's engagement ring and was reset by Ann Marie Stanton, a jeweler and dear friend of mine in Beverly Hills," she said. "It means so much that it was his grandmother's. She had a long and happy marriage to his grandfather. I like to think it's good luck!"
This will be Tunney's second marriage after she got divorced from producer and director Bob Gosse in 2002. In 2009, she got engaged to Australian writer and director Andrew Dominik, but they called it off in 2010.
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction